Working Moms
Options

NWR - what is your go to new baby meal

I want to take dinner to my neighbors who just had a baby and looking for new ideas for what to make.  I had dinner brought to me for 5 weeks straight after the girls were born and it was a lifesaver but for some reason I'm blanking on what people actually brought - talk about sleep deprivation :)

Bonus if you link to a recipe or at least give me enough info I can google it. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NWR - what is your go to new baby meal

• Options

Not lasagna! Everyone brings lasagna. I think I had seven or eight of them brought to me when DS was born.

Anything freezable is nice, in case they don't need it right away. A pan of enchiladas or a tub of soup or stew and a sourdough loaf. I alw

• Options
    Muffins were awesome that first week. Someone actually made me oatmeal muffins with chocolate icing. They were amazing, and helpful for milk supply. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I often take over gourmet type sandwiches instead of anything casserole ish.  Easier to eat cold, still awesome, and typically different than what others bring.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We always make home made mac & cheese with bacon in it because it's something that can go in the freezer if need be.  Along with a bag salad and maybe some cookies. 

Someone brought us chicken and cheese stuffed shells

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jlaOKjlaOK member

My go-to meals are pioneer woman chicken spaghetti and meatloaf (although I modify her recipe a tiny bit)

https://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/chicken_spaghet/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Options
    I love the muffin idea. What about a quiche? Then they could have it for breakfast or dinner. Any kind of baked good or snack would also be good. I don't know if it's too warm for soup where you are, but soups are great b/c they freeze so well.
    photo 9de7615e-e1c7-4dc7-be37-5cc4c9e4e703_zpse37bbba7.jpg AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    One of the best meals that someone brought to us was Gazpacho with french bread.  All of the veggies were so yummy, it holds well and it is served cold so it is SUPER easy.
  • Options
    jcathjcath member
    imagechristinak22:

Not lasagna! Everyone brings lasagna. I think I had seven or eight of them brought to me when DS was born.

<p
  • Options
    imagejcath:
    imagechristinak22:</
  • Options

Friends lined up to bring me meals every other day for like 2 weeks.  The variety was awesome.  I got sloppy joes, stuff for tacos, chicken chili, meatloaf, a lasagna, delivery pizza, and probably some other things.  It was awesome that

• Options
    I made friends chili and tortellini vegetable soup as both freeze well.  Nobody actually brought me any meals except for my MIL.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

A great friend brought us chicken noodle soup.  FIL stocked our freezer with beouf bourgignon and homemade spaghetti sauce with meatballs.  All of the dishes were wonderful. 

• Options

Either a couple of giftcards for pizza delivery or a basket of cookies/muffins. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Whenever people visited they always seemed to pick up food to go or cook at our place so we had leftovers. We did get gift cards to restaurants so we could get food to go, which I loved.

I would probably do baked ziti and defintitely banana br

Lillian April 17, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"