March 2012 Moms
Options

Kids' clothing - is it just me?

Is it just me or does it seem odd - and a choking hazzard - to put superfluous buttons on kids clothes? I worry enough about a button on a polo shirt coming off and going straight into DS's mouth, but Old Navy and Gap - did you really need to add a random button on a t-shirt pocket for decoration? Same for other stores - I ordered the cutest snowman onesie for DS around Christmas only to realize after I got it that the "eyes" on it were two big buttons! Makes no sense to me.  Vent over.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Kids' clothing - is it just me?

• Options
    I sorta wondered about this too! I saw some t-shirts at Kohls yesterday with large plastic eyes attached to them and I instantly thought "choking hazard"!
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Options
    YES! Wtf right?? I have cut so many buttons off of clothes.. I don't k ow why it wouldn't be just as cute to embroider a button shape on rather than the real choking hazard deal.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    WipzWipz member
    My pet peeve is trying to find clothes that dont have logos, brands or designs all over them..specially on the ..  I hate the random patches Ick! as much as I hate the show
  • Options
    I hate the ones that say "Daddy's Princess" or "Mommy's Main Guy" and other crap like that. MIL buys those for DD all the time and it drives me nuts. I am not taking DD out of the house in a shirt that says "Grandpa's Girl".
  • Options
    I can live with an occasional cutesy saying. For some reason, my husband thinks it's cute when he wears shirts that say things like Daddy's Best Pal, which is so adorable to me that he likes that, it makes me not even mind the shirt (at least for day care

• Options

imagelisadfox:
    I hate the ones that say "Daddy's Princess" or "Mommy's Main Guy" and other crap like that. MIL buys those for DD al
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Options
    imageKrsCrp83:

imagelisadf
  • Options

imageKariK81:

My other gripe is pockets. Seriously? Do you think my newborn-1 yo is going to need pockets for something? Change

• Options
    imageeyenigh:

imageKariK81:</stro
  • Options
    aeh72aeh72 member

Ha ha! I love that this post turned into all sorts of clothing vents because I totally agree with the aversion to all the "cutesy" sayings on shirts.  The only ones I will still buy are ones that say something about Dads - like "my dad rocks" - be

• Options
    nah82nah82 member
    imageaeh72:

So glad I don't have to fight that battle in the future!

You haven't had to shop

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imagenamcgee:
    imageaeh72:</stron
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Options
    nah82nah82 member
    imagelindslalala:
    imagenamcgee:<
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    aeh72aeh72 member
    imagenamcgee:
    imagelindslalala:<
  • Options
    nah82nah82 member
    imageaeh72:

Ugh, thanks for the heads up.  I guess I've been living in the delusion that once we graduate from monkeys and din

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"