June 2011 Moms

2nd Birthday Gifts

Have you ladies thought about what you're going to your LO for their 2nd birthday yet?

I'm starting to think about it now and would love to hear your ideas! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2nd Birthday Gifts

• 6240662406 member

We (or family) are getting/have already gotten the following things.  She turns 2 in less than a month, how did that happen??

• Cozy Coupe                                                                                           
    • Books through the book program at daycare. 
    • Pucci Pet (it's a dog that comes with a carrier and accessories)
    • shovels/rakes/sand castle bucket
    • turtle sandbox
    • water table
    • pajamas
    • Melissa & Doug Butterfly chair 
    • Bubbles, chalk, other outdoor toys
    • Sprinkler

We aren't doing a big party this year, just cake and pizza with our immediate family.

BFP #1: 9/26/10 DD: 5/2011
    BFP #2: 7/23/14 - MC: 8/28/14
    BFP #3: 2/22/15 - MC: 3/3/15
    BFP #4: 5/20/15 - Stick baby stick!!!
  • We're going to do a joint party for Lucy and TJ.  He'll be one next month and she'll be two in June.  I think we're going to get her play food for her kitchen and pool for the backyard.  We're kind of spending a lot on the party itself because it's the little guy's 1st bday (we're renting out a carousel), so we're not planning on spending too much on gifts.  She has plenty of toys and I'm sure she will get plenty from the guests at the party and our family.

DD born 6.13.11 at 37w5d

DS born 5.23.12 at 36w5d

BFP 6.9.13|heartbeat of 128bpm 7weeks|7.23.13 ultrasound revealed no heartbeat|natural m/c and d&c 7.25.13

DS born 5.20.14 at 38 weeks

All are welcome

• Loading the player...
  • DD is getting a wagon and dress up clothes from my parents. I might get her some dishes for her play kitchen. Also interested I'm a balance bike and play house but don't think those will happen due to money and space.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• We are going to get DD a table and chairs.  My MIL mentioned getting her a doll house or an outdoor swing set but those are pricey.
  • I think the bigger items will be a water table, wagon and maybe a new easel since she loves to draw
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We were planning on getting her a balance bike but DH found a bike with training wheels at the Goodwill for $7. It's almost brand new and super cute, so he had to buy it. And DD was with him at the time, so she has been "riding" it non-stop for a week now.

It's too big for her, it will be great in a year or 2, so I think we will still get her a balance bike. 

Other than that, she might just get small things - bubbles for the bath, some books, maybe a paint with water book.I am also thinking about getting a board game like Candy Land or Shoots and Ladders - she probably isn't quite ready for it, but maybe in a few months?

We have a small house and it's full of her toys already. Now if we didn't have a small house, I would probably get her a play kitchen. 

July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Great ideas! 

I'm thinking about getting DD this dress up doll:

https://www.amazon.com/One-Step-Ahead-Dress-Doll/dp/B002Z0EEF0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366915698&sr=8-1&keywords=dress+up+doll

I also like the sandbox, bike, wagon, and cozy coupe ideas.  I think she'll have fun playing outside this summer!    

• I think we're going to get her one of those outside activity houses/slides/climbing things. She loves to climb. Also thinking a t-ball set, she seems to love hockey and kicking balls so I'm sure she'd love to swing a bat at one. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are getting DD a play kitchen and will probably do a few other smaller gifts too.
  • DH thinks he needs a power wheels, so probably that. My parents are getting him a dancing Elmo. I think I'll suggest a slide to MIL.

Other than that, I'm pushing for puzzles, Legos, and clothes. We are already overrun with toys.

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• MG is getting a swing set and a few Veggietales items

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"