May 2012 Moms
Options

Have you "started"?

I have not had my period since I found out I was pregnant with my daughter in September 2011. I breastfed her for 10.5 months and have just recently stopped nursing her. If you breastfed, how long did it take you to start your period again?

Re: Have you "started"?

• Options
    I got mine back around 9ish months. He started eating solids then and dropped a feeding or two. I was on depo after ds1 and only had one period before I conceived ds2. Periods suck. I have had some pretty bad pms now. Kinda want to go back on depo just to get rid of my period and pms, haha.
  • Options
    ebl2ebl2 member
    I still haven't gotten mine back since finding out I was pregnant either. I still breastfeed all the time though. I know everyone is different but I'm expecting once I stop breastfeeding it will be another 3 months before I get it back. At least, that's what happened to my mom after she breastfed me and my siblings. With all of us it was 3 months after she stopped that she got hers back. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got my first pp period at the end of January, but I'm still very irregular.

For SuzyQ and all March 15 loss moms

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I haven't had a period since June 2011 because I have PCOS and conceived on day 74 of my cycle. I also have a milk monster who eats at least 3 times per night. I pump at least 2 times at work, and feed him 2 other times during the day.

I expect that when I finally wean, it will take a while for my period to come back since it was so irregular to begin with. I also won't be weaning at 12mo because LO is MSPI, and I haven't found a good milk alternative yet. I'm waiting until we see the allergist to be tested.
  • Options
    I got mine the month after I stopped. 

• Options

I still have not gotten mine back. I still nurse 4 times a day and pump twice (while at work) and DD still eats 2-4 times a night.

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Options

With DS I did not get mine back until 15 months pp. Exactly 1 month after he completely weaned.

With DD, I got mine back at 9.5 months. I'm still EBF too. Sucks. I wasn't expecting it. My cycles aren't regular though. I just got period #2 this week and its 6 weeks later than period #1.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I got mine back 11 months post partum, coincidentally right after going on a trip so he did not nurse on the same schedule. Looking forward to trying for a second lo, so it was welcomed.
  • Options
    I got mine back (it was very light) when DS was 10 months.  I just finished my second PPAF and it was like a normal period.  To get it back, I drastically cut down on the nursing sessions and introduced formula.  It was time for us... I still BF once in the am and once in the pm. I read somewhere for EBF, the average time for the return is 14.6 months. 

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• Options
    lucky ducks!  I got mine as soon as DD turned 6 months and started solids!

• Options
    So jealous I've always been irregular but I got mine back 3 months pp. Lucas was ebf until 6 months and still nurses a ton!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    I'm jealous! I got mine 9 mo pp and I'm still nursing 5x a day and pumping twice at work. I'm currently on my 3rd cycle and all have been HEAVY!
  • Options
    I started again 10 months pp. Had it again at 11 months. I think I am getting it again this month but it is certainly late. I am still bfing a couple of times a day.

• Options
    I got mine back at 5 months pp, and was EBF (still am BF, but she eats a lot of solids)!  I've gotten it every month since.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"