Baby Showers
Options

Baby Shower AND Meet the Baby?

Good morning, ladies!

My parents are throwing a co-ed shower for us next weekend.  We have a few close family members and two close friends that are unable to make the shower for various reasons.  My mom suggested having a small meet the baby party to include those individuals after our LO is born.  Aren't meet the baby parties typically used for second, third, etc children?  I don't really see the point in having both.  Can't I just include a simple "we can't wait for you to come meet her" in the thank you cards I'll be sending them?

Thanks!

Re: Baby Shower AND Meet the Baby?

• Options
    I agree with PP.

My shower is close family and friends only, per my hosts request and that's the way I prefer it anyways, but I know DB's friends and other not as close relatives will be anxious to meet the baby so we were thinking of having
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • Options
    There is nothing wrong w/ a meet the baby party (it is different from a shower!), but I don't know that one needs to be thrown JUST for these people.   Having a baby is a big deal - but at the same time, you don't need to bend over backwards to
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Loading the player...
  • Options

A meet the baby party is just a get-together with friends and family of the parents-to-be and can be thrown by the parents after the baby is born so people can come and see it. I don't think there is the expectation of bri

• Options

Thanks, ladies!  Maybe we'll roll her baptism and a meet the baby all into one afternoon since it basically would involve the same people.  A BBQ sounds perfect!

• Options

It is fine to have a meet the baby party once you LO has arrived.  A lot of people prefer it that way since it keeps people from just stopping in to say "hi" and meet the baby...especially if you get your invite out fairly soon after the baby is b

• Options

imageEastCoastBride:
    There is nothing wrong w/ a meet the baby party (it is different from a shower!), but I don't know that one ne
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"