Los Angeles Babies
Options

Stretch marks? Any suggestions?

Ladies, any recommendations on brand of oil to use for stretch marks? and when someone should start? Many thanks!

Re: Stretch marks? Any suggestions?

• Options
    I've always used Jojoba oil for my scars from getting piercings and it's gotten the job done. Im using it for my tummy, side boob and arms now.
  • Options
    I've read that unfortunately, stretch marks are hereditary and there's not much you can do about them.  That being said, I am still slathering coconut oil all over my belly, butt, thighs and boobs just in case.  Better safe than sorry, right?!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've heard the same, re: genetics, but I am putting Earth Mama Angel Baby stretch oil on my boobs, belly, hips, butt & thighs at least once a day, sometimes twice. Hoping to cheat the stretch mark fairy. :) I've heard Mama Mio tummy butter is good too, but it is so expensive.
    BabyFruit Ticker S & J married 05.09.10 -- BFP #1 07.12.12, EDD 03.24.13, MMC 7w4d BFP #2 12.12.12, EDD 08.26.13, MC 12.22.12 MTHFR diagnosis 01.11.13 BFP #3 01.20.13, EDD 09.30.13
  • Options

well i don't know if i fully trust the hereditary theory both of my sisters and mom have stretch marks after there pregnancies i'm on my 2nd for my first i slathered my bump with olive oil & palmers coco butter everyday and didn't get one single stretch mark on my belly so for this pregnancy i'm using it again diligently. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    wedseptwedsept member
    With both my pregnancies, I used Basq Oil (from Pea in a Pod) every night--all over-shoulders, breasts, thighs, butt, tummy, etc..  For daytime, I used the Mustela Stretch Mark cream (from Babies R Us or Pea in a Pod).  I never got stretch marks.  Everyone else in my family has stretch marks.
  • Options
    Bio oil!! You can find it at Costco, CVS, or Rite Aid. My sister got dark spots on her neck and under her armpits as well as those dark purple looking stretch marks on her belly during her 2nd trimester and everything was gone after a month or two. I now pregnant began to use it twice a day and already existing stretch marks are less visible. The bottle states to begin using from 1st trimester for pregnancy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"