Late Term and Child Loss

Sleep

How often did you sleep after your loss?  When I go to bed at night, even if I feel tired I usually lay there and think of my girl for at least an hour.  I can't turn my brain off.

Then in the morning, as long as there is nothing I HAVE to get up for, I can't get out of bed.  I either get up early and end up going right back to bed, or I just hit snooze several times.  I think it's partially depression (I did just start zoloft) and partly just knowing I don't have to get up so I don't.

Part of me thinks I should just enjoy it since grieving is exhausting.  Plus when I go back to work in a week and a half, I'll wish I had those days back to stay in bed.  But I wonder if it's unhealthy to be sleeping so much, and when I finally do get up I am mad that I wasted much of the day.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

Re: Sleep

• I say let yourself sleep when you can. Grief is exhausting. I have trouble falling asleep at night too because I keep thinking. I find listening to music, and reading helpful. When you go back to work I suggest trying to go to bed earlier, since it will t

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Grief throws off your whole system. The world is turned upside down, and your body reacts to that. I was always an early to bed, early to rise kind of person. When we lost Elsie, that totally went out the window. The week after our loss, DH and I would

Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Loading the player...
  • I was off work for six weeks after my loss, and during that time, I barely slept. At one point, I was probably getting 3-4 hours of sleep a night, if that...and maybe an hour or so of that was actual rest. After I went back to work and got back into a

________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I found bedtime was the hardest time for me. During the day I could keep myself busy but as soon as I went to bed my mind would have too much free time. Sleep while you can, it is part of the grieving and healing process. I finally managed to start sleepi
    Married 11/23/11, TTC starting 10/12, BFP#1 11/30/12, Adoption of stepson finalized 03/19/13,Loss of our daughter at 20w4d due to incompetent cervix 03/27/13, BFP#2 06/28/13, DS2 born 3/1/14.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ** Ticker Warring***

I did have to take a sleep aid (Ambien) for the first couple months cause I would toss and turn all night.  I went back to work after a week, and with full time work and no sleep, I

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"