Preemies

Ear infection ugh daycare

I love our daycare. I do. DS does too. He started less than two weeks ago and already had a cold, was bitten (didn't break the skin thankfully) and now he has an ear infection. Poor guy.  We started antibiotics but is there anything else I can do to help him? Sleeping has been a struggle.  I know these things happen to full term babies in daycare too but I feel like I let him down.  
imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Ear infection ugh daycare

• And with the biting incident they were really on top of it. The baby's parents were told and they have to do some training and incident reports were signed etc. don't want them to come across badly. It's just a germ vent!
    imageimage

• DrRxDrRx member

Daycare is tough on everyone with germs. (((hugs))) I'm sorry that your LO is sick.  I don't really think that there is much that you can do other than to stay on top of it and clear any and all snot as much as you can and use antibiotics when appropriate. 

TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
  • Loading the player...
  • Unfortunately the germs come with the territory. Just try to make him as comfortable as possible, but it sounds like you are doing all you can. I totally understand what you are going through. We are on day 5 of bronchitis and it sucks. 
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• I swear the first year that DD1 was in daycare she was sick more than I wanted to count. I hope your boy is feeling better soon. Other than cool mist machine, angled bed, for that snot, and lots of cuddles, your probably just going have to let the meds work it's magic. Hugs Mama! 

• Thanks guys! We both stayed home and he is feeling better.... and will not stay still! Maybe if I wasn't sick I'd feel up to chasing him around but I'm just drained and it is only lunch time! I think he is bored with me too... we've been through a million toys and I think he wants his friends.  I'm hoping he will take a nap soon so I can eat and sit for a second and so that we can go for a walk afterward. it is in the 60's and going to the 70's soon so I want to take advantage of the weather and get some fresh air!!! 
    imageimage

• Some kids just get EIs.  Boys get them more often than girls.  Kids with round heads get them more than kids with longer heads. 

DS gets them all the time, tubes were the best decision we've made as parents.  He had EIs all the time.  

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"