Pregnant after 35
Options

level 2 ultrasound

Good afternoon!  I'm 37 and 21.5 weeks along with my first pregnancy.  I have a level 2 ultrasound scheduled for this Friday.  I just wondered if anyone had any information about what to expect? 

Also, I have yet to feel any movement of the baby though my last OB check up we easily found a heartbeat... just a little nervous about the movement thing!  

Thank you!

Re: level 2 ultrasound

• Options

Hello! I am a lurker (not over 35 - accidentally clicked on Pregnant over 35 board), but I thought I would reply to your post. I had a level 2 ultrasound at 22 weeks. To me it seemed basically the same as the anatomy scan a couple weeks before. They ju

• Options
    Thank you for your reply!  I'm relieved after reading your response. Thanks so much and good luck to you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You're welcome! I'm glad it helped, and good luck to you as well! 
  • Options

Hi!  My OB only does level 2 ultrasounds for the anatomy scans.  She sends us to a perinatologist who spends quite a while taking measurements and examining everything they can by ultrasound.  That's just how she prefers to do it. 

Me - 38 DH - 38 DD - 2 pregnancy
  • Options
    Do you know if you possibly have an anterior placenta? If so that can prevent you from feeling much movement.  Regardless, as others have said, I wouldn't worry about it if you're hearing the hb and u/s are looking good.  The level 2 u/s is an A
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #2 11/4/12 EDD 7/20/12 missed M/C 12/13/12 @8w5d D&C 12/21/12
    DX 2/7/13 with an alloimmunity + for anti-paternal antibodies started Lovenox daily & BA
    BFP 2/16/13 EDD 10/28/13

• Options
    Thank you everyone for the information!  I feel much better going into my appointment on Friday!  Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"