March 2012 Moms
Options

Scared To Walk?

My daughter is 14 months. She took her first steps at 10.5-11 months, and started taking up to 7 or 8 at a year. She seems realy wary about walking when she's not in her room though. She'll walk up a storm there, but it's rare for her to walk out in public. She can do it. I've counted up to 14 in a row, she just doesn't seem to want to. Does anyone else have this problem?

Me (32) DH (30)

A Wordy Blog

Baby Evangeline is here!

Re: Scared To Walk?

• Options
    Sort of. DD tops out at 20 steps around the house. Crawling is just more efficient for her which is why I think she's not into walking. In the last week, she has been much more interested in walking.

I'm sure your LO will go for it when they're ready!
  • Options

imagelisadfox:
    Sort of. DD tops out at 20 steps around the house. Crawling is just more efficient for her which is why I think she's not into walking. In the last week, she has been much more interested in walking. I'm sure your LO will go for it when they're ready!

same here. I think DS knows he can get places faster crawling..walking is more of an exciting adventure, but he won't do it all the time.  He will take 20steps, and then will crawl rest of the way.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DD is not even walking yet! She took may a few steps here and there but she shows no desire to walk on her own. My husband swears she should be walking by now I just say she will when she is ready :)
    BFP 1/18/11 - LAP discovered ectopic and had removal of right tube 2/11/11 * BFP 6/2/11-CP 6/3/11 * BFP 7/1/11 - EDD March 11,2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    My son will be 13 months old tomorrow. He's never taken a step. He'll stand on his own for maybe a second or two every once in a great while. But as soon as he realizes he's not holding onto anything then he quickly grabs on to something. He was a slow learner when it came to crawling as well though. He didn't really start to crawl until he was about 9-10 month and even though he would only use one leg and dragged the other along. 
  • Options

DS was fully walking in the house for at least a week before he ever took a step outside. He would just stand there and look around before plopping down on his bottom. I think it had to do with getting used to having shoes on his feet. He acted like they were bricks weighing him down at first. I got some soft soled Robeez shoes and that made all the difference for us.

One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Options
    Thanks guys!! I'm not worried about it because I know some kids don't walk until 18 months. I like to take her outside though and she's always sitting down, and sitting down means trying to eat dirt... it's a cycle lol.

Me (32) DH (30)

A Wordy Blog

Baby Evangeline is here!

• Options

WORDS!! How the heck are you!!! Its great to see you

2004- DX with PCOS

6/2011- Gonal-F + Ganirelix + Oviderl and Crinone= BFP

7/7/2011 Beta #1 119 Beta #2 563 Beta#3 4178

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

http://tinypic.com/r/25z7709/8

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board