Postpartum Depression

Scared for 2

Dd is 13 mos. and I've had a rough last 6. I did have an emerg csection followed by hypertension and trouble healing. The last 6 mos have been tough in the sense that I've developed bad anxiety and worry over everything. Trouble letting go and being flexible and lots of mood shifts. To top it off since I got pregnant I've had no sexual desire whatsoever. It's been a d is really hard for us and I'm trying to get help as I'm realizing it is a bigger issue than I thought and isn't going away any time soon. I do t want to take Zoloft even though it was recommended. The thought of it really scares me. Even though it could make me better in the long run. I'm terrified of side effects and being some kind of patient for a few weeks while my body adjusts. I feel that was who I was after birth. Pills pills pills. Anyway, I do want to have another. But my adjustment has been hard, and I'm scared ill have to go though all of that again and it will be worse. It's strange because I've been very lucky with dd. she's been pretty much sttn since 8 weeks So its not like I was sleep deprived for extended periods and that was how I reacted. Imagine if I had one that didn't sttn!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Scared for 2

• jw87jw87 member
    Are you currently pregnant or planning to get pregnant?  I'm sorry I couldn't tell from your post. 

If you're planning another, I'd suggest holding off until you're ready.  I had PPD after my first son, went on medication (which has been very helpful) and when he was three years old we decided to have another.  

We waited so long because I was concerned about PPD.  And with our second I went on medication as soon as he was born, and it's been so different this time around.  I think being prepared and knowing what to expect and look for has helped. 

I suggest doing some online research and speak with your doctor. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You need to try the zoloft. Medicine is not a bad thing. You have a medical problem - that's what anxiety and depression is - a MEDICAL problem. If you had diabetes would you refuse to take insulin? No, you would take the insulin because that's what your body needs to function normally. This is no different.

I know taking a new medication can be nerve-wracking, but you will be better off in the long run. And I wouldn't recommend trying for another baby while you're feeling like this. Trust me - being pregnant will not fix anything, it could make it worse. So get yourself straightened out first and then consider adding to your family.

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"