VBAC

Expecting Mama Check-in Week of April 23

Good morning ladies!  Hope everyone is well and having a great week.

1) How far along are you?

2) Any appointments or pregnancy related things this week?

3) How do you feel?

4) What "requirements", if any, is your OB/practitioner/hospital placing on your VBAC?

Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Expecting Mama Check-in Week of April 23

• 1) How far along are you? 19 weeks today...I'm a mango!

2) Any appointments or pregnancy related things this week? None this week.  Meet with my MFM next Tuesday for my check up and a/s and we met with/hired our doula on Saturday.  That was a wonderful experience!

3) How do you feel? Pretty good.  I turned over a new/healthy leaf last week with eating better and getting back into the gym and it has really made a difference!

4) What "requirements", if any, is your OB/practitioner/hospital placing on your VBAC?  My OB strongly suggests that I go to the hospital as soon as labor starts, vs. waiting it out at home and she requires that I be monitored non-stop.  I can however move around the bed (and my doula says we'll make lots of trips to the bathroom to get me walking).  She has no requirement on whether or not I have an IV drip or an epidural, so those things are up to me.  I understand the reason for the constant monitoring, so I'm okay with that.

Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • 1) How far along are you? 18 weeks

2) Any appointments or pregnancy related things this week? Nope

3) How do you feel? Still throwing up a couple times/week and feeling nauseated in the AM and evening.  I'm starting the wonder what the hell happened to my second trimester. 

4) What "requirements", if any, is your OB/practitioner/hospital placing on your VBAC? They require CFM, but they have telemety monitors and a water proof monitor so I should be able to move around and get in the tub if I want.  I think for TOLACs it is reasonable.  As far as other requirements, I do have to have a late ultrasound.  That is something I would rather avoid.  I think they require a heplock IV.  Otherwise they sound like they will be pretty laid back.  They will let me go to 42 weeks and don't require an epidural and they will do a pitocin induction and will use a foley bulb if needed.  I am pretty happy with them so far. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Good morning ladies!  Hope everyone is well and having a great week.

1) How far along are you? 38w2d

2) Any appointments or pregnancy related things this week? I have an appointment tomorrow with the OB and he'll start talking induction.

3) How do you feel? Very very pregnant, I'd pay someone to put me into labor at this point

4) What "requirements", if any, is your OB/practitioner/hospital placing on your VBAC? I'm not allowed to go past my due date but he will induce, so I'm guessing I'm looking at an induction next week.  I'm already 2.5cm and 50% effaced so he thinks I'll be successful.

• Good morning ladies! Hope everyone is well and having a great week.

1) How far along are you?   23 weeks I think? I didn't check my ticker.

2) Any appointments or pregnancy related things this week? Nope! I'm free this week.

3) How do you feel?  I'm starting to feel pregnant. My belly is starting to get a little heavier and has popped.

4) What "requirements", if any, is your OB/practitioner/hospital placing on your VBAC?  As long as I'm before 39 weeks, which I am refusing if there is no medical reason/dangers. I'll talk about it at 41, but not 39.

• imagea2003tiger:

1) How far along are you? 37 weeks

2) Any appointments or pregnancy related things this week? Thursday for a growth scan, and regular 37 appointment.

3) How do you feel? Like. crap. lol

4) What "requirements", if any, is your OB/practitioner/hospital placing on your VBAC? That I go into labor on my own. She will provide a small amount of pitocin, but I have to have gone into labor on my own.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1) I'm 37w6d today.

2) My weekly appt and NST are Friday.  At my last appt on Friday I was 2-3cm and 60% effaced, which is great, because if I don't go on my own (FX that I do) my cervix is "favorable" so induction is an option rather thanstraight RCS. 

3) I feel pretty good.  I'm ready to be done, but my eldest daughter's first dance recital is Saturday afternoon.  This baby can come any time after 2PM Saturday!

4) I'm not getting any firm answers since this is my 2nd VBAC.  I'm guessing no eating, having to have a heplock (I hate those things), etc.  I'm sure it will depend on which OB is on call when I'm in labor. 

"Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • skioskio member
    Hey, ladies!

1 How far along are you?

Almost 32w.

2 Any appointments or pregnancy related things this week?

Appointment Friday for BP check, listen to baby's heart, pee check, blood draw to check my thyroid levels, and H and I will both be getting our Tdap shots.

3 How do you feel?

Good. Not great, not bad...just good. I'm pretty relaxed and happy with how this pregnancy is going. :]

4 What "requirements", if any, is your OB/practitioner/hospital placing on your VBAC?

My OB is pretty supportive, which is why I chose to stick with him for my VBAC. What he says goes; the hospital doesn't have any requirements or restrictions. He'll let me go to 41w before we "talk." He is okay with me laboring at home for a while. He is supportive of me going med free and agrees that it's my best bet for success; although he did say that I should 'keep an open mind' to the epi, and I will. He will not induce, which I was happy to learn, because there's no way I'm allowing pitocin into my body ever again. I'd rather schedule a RCS than be induced.

He does want CFM when I'm in "active labor", which is the one thing we're butting heads about, since the hospital has no telemetry or waterproof monitoring. I may be fine laboring in the room only, because I'm hypnobirthing and may want the relaxed environment of my room. But you can bet your I'm going to fight him on the monitor if I feel like I need to take a walk or get in the tub. I understand the risk of rupture, but there's no reason a nurse can't come stick a Doppler on me for a few seconds every ten or fifteen minutes. He also wants to do a growth u/s on my EDD if I make it that far, but he doesn't know yet that I'll be declining that. Ultrasounds for size checks are stupid and unnecessary, IMO, and finding out that baby is big [likely, after my 9lb daughter] will only put doubt in my head.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • imagea2003tiger:

1) How far along are you?

3) How do you feel?

4) What "requirements", if any, is your OB/practitioner/hospital placing on your VBAC?

1) I'm 36weeks and 4days. :)

2) I have my 37 week appointment tomorrow morning

3) Feeling okay, as long as i put myself on bed rest when my body is screaming at me.

4) I don't know of any "requirements" that might be set but I plan on talking much more about it tomorrow. I'm okay with certain requirements, but i do have a few requests and since my pregnancy has been very uneventful, im hoping he'll be ok with it.

Also, good luck girls!! I hope you all get to have the birth we seem to all missed out on last time :) i think we deserve it after carrying and making this baby for 9+ months! 

• 1) 33wk5d

2) Had a basic OB check this morning.  I saw the nurse practictioner b/c OB was called to an emergency and it could have been a LONG wait.  She thought LO might be breech.  I don't really agree, but will be doing some spinning babies exercises just in case.  They helped with my general soreness before anyway.

3) Starting to feel very pregnant.  Lots of pubic bone pain and my ankles are starting to swell in the evenings.  Heartburn is plentiful and sleep is scarce.

4) I haven't heard anything about the hospital, but my OB said I could go to 41wks. Then she'd "help things along" if it was favorable (2-3cm) and she'd break my water, give a little pitocin.  I had a crazy fast vaginal delivery with DD1 so she doesn't want me to hang out at home.  I'm totally fine with that!

BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1) I am 22 weeks. 

2) No appointments until mid May. 

3) Feeling great!  This pregnancy has been a breeze so far!

4) None. Will start talking induction at 42 weeks. Does not require CFM, IV, epidural, etc...my OB is basically a midwife in disguise.   

• 1) How far along are you?

18 weeks 1 day 

Nope

3) How do you feel?

I feel good. Although I've started to have doubts about VBAC - it's starting to feel so real and I'm getting very nervous about it, which I didn't expect. 

CFM, I can only go to 41 weeks and they will do a growth ultrasound at 37 weeks. My OB is very supportive of VBACs but others in the practice are not, so I think that is why I'm starting to have my doubts. I know I want to try though. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • 1) How far along are you? 32 weeks

2) Any appointments or pregnancy related things this week? Nope

3) How do you feel? Tired with achey hips

4) What "requirements", if any, is your OB/practitioner/hospital placing on your VBAC? Surprisingly none - I keep asking questions, and the OB I've been seeing makes it sound like they'll work with me (ie, not make me schedule a c-section or limit how long I can labor)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 1) How far along are you? 17.5w

2) Any appointments or pregnancy related things this week? Nope,

3) How do you feel? Fabulous!

4) What "requirements", if any, is your OB/practitioner/hospital placing on your VBAC? They strongly encourage epidurals, in case you have to go to a c/s, and I am fine with that. My epidural with DD was pure heaven!

• 1) How far along are you? 29 weeks (tomorrow)

2) Any appointments or pregnancy related things this week? Cervical ultrasound tomorrow to make sure everything is still behaving down there. 

3) How do you feel? Fabulous but HUGE...I am all belly this time and am starting to get "whoa" comments when I say I am not due till July, lol!

4) What "requirements", if any, is your OB/practitioner/hospital placing on your VBAC? My doc requires that I go into labor on my own...as long as I am dilating and having contractions, they will break my water and give me low dose pitocin to move things along. 

• 1 How far along are you?
    23 weeks!

2 Any appointments or pregnancy related things this week?
    Nope, I'm free until may.

3 How do you feel?
    Fantastic! mostly because I just finished my doctoral degree on Tuesday and am in stress free heaven right now!

4 What "requirements", if any, is your OB/practitioner/hospital placing on your VBAC?
    The hospital won't let you go past due date so I will be induced during the 39th week if I don't start on my own plus have to be dialated or straight to CS. Also have to have CFM after water breaks.
  • Little late here!

1. 35w 2d

2. Maternity photos on Tuesday!!! So excited. :)

3. Big, but good. I'm trying really hard to enjoy the last few weeks of pregnancy, I know I will miss it.

4. I have to be between 36 1/2- 42 weeks for my midwives to deliver. That's all. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"