Single Parents
Options

Annoyed...

BD's mom has been taking over the baby shower duties and leaving my parent out of it for the most part.  And I just found out she is having a diaper raffle with the prize of this really really ugly table centerpiece thing that I can't tell is a swan or a flowery nightmare.  She's moving to Florida and this is something she decided to use as a prize instead of tossing it.  It's just awful.  Also, this baby shower is a co-ed baby shower and she knows this.  Absolutely no male would want to win that thing and already my female friends who are going tell me that they'll bring diapers, but they don't want the prize.  Ugh, what the heck am I supposed to do.  I asked my parent if I should just secretly have another prize for after the party is over and done with and she said no, because BD's mom might find out and get offended.  How am I supposed to handle this?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Annoyed...

• Options

Oh that sucks!! I' know I'm not in your position but I think you should really just try to worry about the stuff that matters. I say just *** behind her back to your closest friends and parents and then try to be thankful for the effort she i

• Options
    Tempting! Haha!

It wouldn't be that big of a deal if she included my family, you know? I posted this on my birth month club board or whatever and I'm getting nasty responses about how I should be grateful I'm getting a shower period. The sho
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Why don't you have two separate showers and let her control one of them? Then she can do whatever the heck she wants with the ugly swan haha. Of course have two separate lists, like maybe only invite BD's family to hers and then have an awesome co ed s

• Options
    Unfortunately, I'm already having two. My parents do not get along and neither do their families. So I have for my mom's side and one for my parent's side long story short, my dad went through a gender reassignment, which is why I call her my parent. BD'
  • Options
    Ugh, autocorrect... Brig should be being
  • Options

Ugh, annoyance all around! I don't have any advice, just sympathy. I second the bottle of booze idea ;) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Booze idea is really good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"