November 2012 Moms
Options

starting with rice or oatmeal?

I know the controversy of waiting till 6 mo to start solids and our LO is 5 mo tomorrow. We arent quite ready and we're waiting a couple more weeks but have any of you started yet?  

What is your method?  Did you start with rice or oatmeal?  Do you give LO food first then finish with breastmilk or formula?  and for those that FF, do you try and give the same amt. of formula after the solids?

Do you give food at breakfast, lunch and dinner and 3 additional bottles in between?

Re: starting with rice or oatmeal?

• Options

We started with oatmeal because I gave him rice in his bottle a few times and it made him gassy and constipated. 

I do two oz of formula mixed with a few formula scoop-sized scoops of oatmeal.  (I saved a formula scoop and

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I'm hoping to wait as long as possible to start, but the plan is to give LO a little orice cereal mixed with breastmilk about an hour after a regular feeding. I'll probably start giving it once every-other day or so to hopefully minimize/avoid cra

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageLuckyMissus:
    I definitelynbsp;give it to himnbsp;it after a feeding so as not to displace any formula.nbsp; He eats every three hou
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I make Z's food. I just mash up banana, avocado, sometimes mix those two. I steam carrots, apples, and green beans.

I completely skipped the rice cereal/oatmeal as it is just filler. So, I dove right in with veggies and fruits.

I feed Z his

Nov 2012 BMB January Siggy Challenge
    Those Presedential Fitness Tests Were Torture

• Options
    imagedoggiemom4:

I make Z's food. I just mash up banana, avocado, sometimes mix those two. I steam carrots, apples, and green beans

• Options
    We started Em on rice cereal at 4 mos after the pedi gave us the go ahead. I mix 1.5 oz of breast milk with about 2 TBS of cereal (much less to start with than this). It doesn't make much but I figure the point is to help them to practice eating solids wi
  • Options
    The pedi told us we could go ahead and start giving her rice in her bottle at her 4 month check up and a couple weeks later we started giving her oatmeal. We're going to start baby food this week since she's 5 months old. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagefusionbride:
    imagedoggiemom
    Nov 2012 BMB January Siggy Challenge
    Those Presedential Fitness Tests Were Torture

• Options
    N occasionally gets oatmeal, we do not do rice cereal. I definetly make sure that he drinks most of his bottle before I start the cereal. He actually prefers the fruits and veggies over the cereal. So that is what we give him most of the time.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 46808 845377924360 2036704678 n

WIMG950372 1

• Options
    We started with rice cereal 1x per day, but have had a hard time staying on a consistent schedule during the week because of work schedules and stuff. When I've done it I do it maybe 1 hour after a bottle. Depending on DS' schedule on a given day I can't
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We are doing BLW this time with baby number 4 and it seems to be going well. I personally would stay far far far away from rice and the arsenic content.
  • Options
    I've done oatmeal a couple times. The first time I did 1 Tablespoon oatmeal and 2 oz breast milk. It was way too watery and it just ended up on her chin and shirt. This weekend I did 1 teaspoon oatmeal and 2 tablespoons breast milk and it was slightly thi
  • Options
    we also started our LO w/the organic oatmeal cereal couple of weeks ago and she have been getting  about 2 teaspoon of it twice a day in btwn meals.  so far, she seems to like it.  i've also fed her some fresh avocado last weekend.  ju
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"