July 2013 Moms
Options

Boobs and Stupid DH

For the longest time my boobs didn't change at all. Recently they've grown a cup size and I made a couple startling discoveries the other day: now they are veiny, and, the left nipple has some tiny dark brown freckles on the areola.

So DH and I are laying in bed last night and I share this, feeling like these new developments are pretty unattractive. He asks to see them for himself and goes, "Look, the left nipple is bigger than the right one, too. It's definitely the dominant nipple, hahaha. She's going to go right for that one every time. HAHAHAHA!!!"

I burst into tears and he immediately started apologizing but too late it was out there. I said I wanted to be left alone. He came back in 20 mins later and apologized over and over saying how beautiful I am and of course I forgave him but gawd. Stupid DH. What was he thinking?!
Me: 38, DH: 35
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Boobs and Stupid DH

• Options

This sounds like something my DH would say too haha I'm sure he didn't want to be mean... I laugh about my changing body along with DH but I guess it comes different on everyone...

I'm so hairy on my back and on my belly (having a boy) that he t

Daisypath Anniversary tickers     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
    *Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

• Options

I'm sorry that bothered you. Perhaps you are sensitive about other changes going on and this was just the last straw for you? It really doesn't sound like your husband meant it to make fun of you, but just to be light hearted. I don't think he meant to

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't get why that's a big deal... Sounds like he was kidding around with you.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I would have laughed with him too.

But I understand feeling unattractive. I pretty much feel that way for 9 months each pregnancy. SO GLAD this is my last.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This made me LOL :)
    TTC #1 since September 2012
    BFP 11/4/12! EDD 7/18/13 My Ovulation Chart || Ovulation Calendar Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry he upset you... At least he didn't say something like "ugh, I will never look at your boobs the same way again" which is what my SO says every time BFing comes up.

So I tease him that I'm going to squirt him in the eye some day. Pa
  • Options
    Sorry I think that was actually pretty funny. If it makes you feel better my DH has had two good ones. First a few months ago he caught me looking in the mirror at my stomach it seemed to really have popped. I thought he was downstairs he proceeded to say
    TTC since 2008, our little miracle arrived July 2013!

photo fe6a27e4-de39-4f30-81f0-14bbf2fc509c.jpg
  • Options
    We don't point and laugh at each others' body parts, this was definitely a foot-in-mouth moment for us. Add pg hormones to that and you get tears. Generally DH has been pretty amazing my whole pregnancy and for that I am grateful. We all have foot-in-mout
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I can see how that would upset you. For the most part, DH and I joke around about my body and so far I haven't had any burst into tears moments yet. In particular, we like to check the belly button daily to see if it's popped out yet. I think it's good fo
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Options

imageSuperzuber:
    We don't point and laugh at each others' body parts, this was definitely a foot-in-mouth moment for us. Add pg hor
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    OMG what a dumb thing to say. I'm glad he apologized!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 1 - March 26, 2012, MMC discovered May 21, 2012
    BFP 2 - October 30, 2012, Rainbow Baby Boy born July 14, 2013
    TTC no sooner than November 2014
  • Options
    I'm with you on this one. I'm sooooooo sensitive about the way I look right now. I can barely stand to see myself from the boobs down in the mirror... And even my boobs gross me out these days. DH says he loves them but I've alway been small breasted, and

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Whoops, I meant to say knockers. Stupid phone. :D

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"