Cincinnati Babies

Deliver at Mercy Anderson?

Has anyone delivered at Mercy hospital Anderson? I'm trying to figure out if I should just deliver there since its closest? I saw some pics and the rooms look really outdated but maybe it's an old pic? Thanks!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Deliver at Mercy Anderson?

• I had my son there in December. I live almost all the way to Brown County so I wanted to deliver at a hospital at least within an hour drive.

I loved all the nurses there and had a great experience. The lactation consultants were great too. The rooms were larger at Mercy Anderson than they are at Bethesda North (another semi close hospital) where my SIL delivered last June. I have also heard that they were/are updating everything and turning it into more like a birthing center. I don't know when you're due but maybe by then it will look more updated by then.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks samiam052!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I realize that the environment and interior of a room being updated would be nice, but I think you should take a good look at the bigger picture. Is this hopsital well equipped and does it rank well in the L&D/mother baby scores? The artwork on the walls isn't what is important. The care you and your child receive, is.

• imagelindsaynewbride10:
    I realize that the environment and interior of a room being updated would be nice, but I think you should take a good look at the bigger picture. Is this hopsital well equipped and does it rank well in the Lamp;D/mother baby scores? The artwork on the walls isn't what is important. The care you and your child receive, is.
    Thank you for that. I never thought that would be the only factor in deciding...maybe an afterthought or second question. The OB that I was referred to, had an office that was outdated, almost dirty and the care I received pretty much matched the office environment. To me, if they don't have the money to update a twenty year old facility, and I am most certainly not referring to "the artwork on the wall", it is very telling of the amount of patients they have. So, thank you for not having an actual response to my question about that particular hospital, and thank you for your snarky two cents. 
  • I just delivered there a few weeks ago. The interior of the rooms looks like any hospital room.  The nurses are exceptional, and I think that my baby and I received the best care possible. As well, this hospital  has the distinction of being named baby friendly. This means that they do everything possible to ensure mom and baby bond in baby's first hours of life. They practice rooming in, which means baby stays in the room with mom at all times unless medically needed otherwise. I highly recommend this birthing facility.
  • imagelbrown713:
    I just delivered there a few weeks ago. The interior of the rooms looks like any hospital room.nbsp; The nurses are exceptional, and I think that my baby and I received the best care possible. As well, this hospitalnbsp; has the distinction of being named baby friendly. This means that they do everything possible to ensure mom and baby bond in baby's first hours of life. They practice rooming in, which means baby stays in the room with mom at all times unless medically needed otherwise. I highly recommend this birthing facility.

Thanks! I've heard a lot of good things about it. I have my tour next Monday and I can't wait. Where I'm from in NC, there's one hospital and that's it. So this whole thing of having so many to choose from make my head spin!
  • bakerlmbakerlm member
    I did not think my room was old.  It was huge and very comfortable.  The nurses worked so well with me.  I loved my time there and will deliver this child there as well.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagebakerlm:
    I did not think my room was old.  It was huge and very comfortable.  The nurses worked so well with me.  I loved my time there and will deliver this child there as well.

Thanks. I toured the hospital this week and I'm excited. It will be interesting to be at a "Baby Friendly" certified hospital. Rooms are very "roomy" too! 

• I delivered both of my boys there 2007 and 2011, great care both times.
  • I delivered my son there last November and it was a great experience.  The nurses/doctors & lactation nurses were amazing.  The rooms are bigger & I didn't feel that they were out-dated at all.  You'll be in great hands at Anderson Mercy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I delivered there in June. The delivery room was large.  The recovery room not as large. The nurses were great and the lactation team was AMAZING!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"