Maine Babies
Options

I need to tell y'all something

Ugh...so I'm a bad mommy.  For the past 4 months, DH and I have put Little Man to sleep in a swing in the living room, then we would carry him upstairs to our room (he sleeps in a cradle) when we were ready to go up for the night. 

Well, tonight, for the first time, we put him down by himself in our bedroom, and we came back downstairs.  I didn't think this would be so hard!  I have a monitor right next to the computer and I keep studying it, making sure I can still see him breathe!  He seems to be sleeping just fine.

Is it bad that I waited this long to put him down to sleep alone?  Have I been too clingy?  Am I still being too clingy?  I don't want to be that mom.

Grrr...

Re: I need to tell y'all something

• Options

You are totally fine!  We always put DD down in a swing in the living room too.  I would love to put her down straight in the bassinet, but she falls asleep much better in the swing.  At least right now...  I am hoping this changes soon.

Don't worry about it!  It's all baby steps, right?  This is your first night... it will get easier :)

• Options
    I will be the same way.  I've only left DS in the room sleeping twice and stared at the monitor the whole time!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for making me feel better, girls.  I just want to make sure I'm not setting him up for sleep problems later on, you know?  It's good to know I'm not messing anything up for him.

:-)

• Options
    DS slept in an arm's reach co-sleeper next to my bed WITH an an angelcare monitor underneath his mattress until he was 4 or 5 months old. Then I transitioned him to his crib. Of all my kids, he's the only one who slept in my room, and he's also the worst sleeper, lol! However, I don't care. He is my last baby, and I wanted him next to me at night.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We've never put Kate down alone.  We haven't even gotten a monitor yet because she's never been alone. 
  • Options

you are NOT too clingy, and you certainly don't sound like a bad mommy!  DS has never been put down alone, and won't be for awhile.  Now, if your DS was 10....we'd have to talk about clingy.  But he's just a little guy, so do whatever works for him and mama!

((hugs))

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    DD is still sleeping in a snuggle nest & she's almost too long for it.  I have no idea what I'm going to do next.  When we finally do put her in the crib, I'll probably have to sleep in the rocker/recliner we have in her room.
  • Options
    At least you have a good excuse of having two stories!  We only have one story and I usually don't put her down until right when I'm going to bed (and she's still in our room).  I'm not ready to rely on a monitor yet.  You are not at all being clingy.  If it's worked for you, then that's what matters.
  • Options
    If you're a bad mom, I'm worse.  We've done the same thing until basically this week.  We tried to put her in bed by herself from the time we came home - but she'd sleep for 10 minutes and then wake up screaming.  It's the only way we could get her to sleep.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"