Single Parents
Options

For 1st timers!

I am reading a lot of posts that are asking for advice on first time single parenting, here is my insight! I say this in all seriousness but I genuinely think that I was made to be a mother because I have been a single parent since I had my first 7 years ago, I do not recall ever wondering when it was going to get easier. It came naturally to me and my son was a perfect baby, he never cried unless he was hungry or needed changed so I got very lucky. But that's not the norm, let's be realistic. Take full advantage of every resource you have. You would be surprised how much other mothers reach out to new mothers, especially young/first timers. Find other moms in your area to befriend, you won't feel so alone. My view on dad has pretty much remained the same since day one, I didn't need him then I don't need him now, though he obviously contributed! Oh, and FYI, I am lucky enough to be coparenting with my 2nd, but I am under NO false pretenses that it will be a breeze again. Good luck mommies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"