C-sections
Options

OB recommends c-section, DH is pretty nervous

Hi Ladies,

My LO has inherited some bummer genes from her mama, and this means that she has some pretty fragile bones. (As of the last sono, she has a broken right leg.) My OB is highly recommending that I have a c-section, a decision I'm on board with (though I will admit to some fear over the whole procedure!). DH is much more worried about my recovery after the fact. Did any of you have to reassure your guy? What helped? I don't really want to make the argument that "this is my body"... this is our child, and we're both going to have to live with the consequences of any decision we make.

Also, I'm a FTM and due mid-June. 

Re: OB recommends c-section, DH is pretty nervous

• Options

I have had three c/s.  While the recoveries were never easy, they weren't terrible either.  Here is my advice

1. Stay on top on the medicine, because once you start to feel pain, it is hard to catch up.

2. Walk as soon as they let

• Options
    I've had 2 c/s and my recoveries were not difficult. I couldn't go for a run, but I wasn't laid up.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Excellent advice above :)

After my c/s, it was just H and I the first 2 weeks. All I did was nurse our DD and he took care of all the diaper changes, cooking, cleaning, etc. I made sure to get up and move around/walk as often as possible without

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I would never have a c-section (again) without reason, and it sounds like you have a really good reason.

I know you said that he's more concerned about your recovery, but I would focus more on the baby. Can you lay out the risks for him of what w

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

There is virtually no risk that I might injure one of my bones with a vaginal delivery. The condition manifests with vastly varying severity; I have a very mild version, but it is likely that my LO has it worse than I do, as I didn't have any brok

• Options

My schedule c-section was great. As someone else mentioned, stay on top of meds... I was in such great shape, I went shopping on the way home. My only regret is not resisting the minimum 3-4 nights at hospital (I stayed three, but will only stay 2 next

February 2011- M/C
    March 2011- BFP resulting in... 12/2011 bouncing baby boy! 
    October 2013- BFP- M/C
  • Options
    I also had a great experience. I left the hospital 1 day earlier than normal. I stayed 2 nights instead of the 3 insurance pays for. I was up and walking and moving around at home not super easily but not bad. I did not take anything once my IV was out
  • Options
    imageadove1018:

There is virtually no risk that I might injure one of my bones with a vaginal delivery. The condition manifests wit

• Options

Well, after seeing me go through a traumatic labor leading to an emergency c/s, DH didn't want me to try a vaginal birth with DS, so every father needs different kinds of reassurance, I guess.

Let me point out one thing:  if you have a vagin

DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Options
    imagecapulet:

The risks of a c/s for the mom are, granted, higher than the risks of a vaginal birth, but still extreme

• Options

Since my first c/s was unplanned, no neither of us had any time to prepare for what life after a c/s would be like.

It wasn't bad though. I was in pain for a couple of weeks, but nothing insane, totally managable.

Yea, I needed a lot m

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm so sorry about your LO's condition.  I grew up in a family with this disease and it's tough.

My c-section was a breeze.  The first day of recovery was brutal b/c the meds were making me super-duper sick but once we got that under co

~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"