October 2012 Moms
Options

NBR: Wedding Shower Thoughts

Say you're invited to a wedding shower on a Sunday afternoon at someone's house. Apparently there's a 'theme', and it's country/western. Decorations, margaritas, cowboy hats, etc.

And then you see a mechanical bull in the backyard. Your thoughts??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR: Wedding Shower Thoughts

• Options
    hs10hs10 member
    (1)  Holy overkill and (2)  If they wanted a drinking party, they should have made it for a Friday or Saturday night or late afternoon.
  • Options

No way.

A girl I went to school with had a shower game where they tied hot dogs to a string and then tied the string around their waist, and had to get the hot dog into a gallon milk container.  No way in hell would I ever do that, espe

• Loading the player...
  • Options

There is no way that this happened.

Right?!

Please say I am right.

Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    hs10hs10 member
    imageMrs.G123:

There is no way that this happened.

Right?!

Please say I am right.

• Options

No red solo cups, not a bbq. Nicer, definately a more upscale shower.

It hasn't happened yet and I hope it doesn't. But apparently I'm the only one. I'm a bridesmaid, and the bride's sister sent out an email this morning updating us on who's bri

• Options
    Meh, to each their own. If that's the brides style then who cares. Would I have wanted that at my shower? No. I mean it's not the most classy or traditional thing, but then again, everything goes against tradition these days.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yea, totally depends on the bride, I would say sounds more like a Saturday kinda thing to me though.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

• Options
    Sounds like more a bachelorette party thing but who cares. If the bride likes it thats all that matters. Maybe her group of friends is the wild crazy not civilized tea drinkers. I've had friends who've done kegs at wedding and baby showers.
  • Options
    Make sure you tell the guests to wear pants! Showers are a dress up type of thing in my circle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"