Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

daycare breakfast ideas

We are switching to a new daycare with a 13month old and 3 year old.  The new daycare  provides morning snack, lunch, and afternoon snack and parents are responsible for bringing the breakfast.  They suggested something with protein and that several kids bring dry cereal and cup of milk or sausages on a stick wrapped in a pancake coating or french toast or waffle or something but they ask no donuts or cookies etc.  I was thinking yogurt or fruit cup, banana, toast, maybe scrambled eggs.  I am not a morning person so the easier the better any thoughts?
~Mel~ Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: daycare breakfast ideas

• Options
    I'm sure these arent' the best, but we give LO breakfast taquitos they're frozen, and warm up in 20-30 seconds, and he eats them on the way to school. We also do raisin and cinnamon bread, waffles, etc. I haven't tried the sausage pancake thing because I'
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    I send breakfast to d/c for DD and I usually give her yogurt with bananas, strawberries or pears.  Sometimes I do a hard boiled egg or cottage cheese too, depending on what we have in the fridge. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you ladies!  Was initially kind of irritated by the additional change to our routine of getting things ready but now kind of looking forward to packing their breakfast, all good ideas!  Looking forward to getting them lunch pails now!
    ~Mel~ Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We do a string cheese, handful of Cheerios and a cup of mandarin oranges for daycare. She eats whatever we are eating in the weekends, but seems to love her daycare breakfast.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"