Single Parents

worst vacation ever.

Hey everyone I'm back from DC.  Went on vacation with BD's mom because we wanted to remain friends regardless of whether him and I were still together.  It never really occurred to me about the change in dynamic now that I'm pregnant with his kid.  She spent the entire trip talking about how much she missed her husband.  I'm sorry you have a life partner and you can't stand to be away from him and it's bad enough you're on the phone with him like every five minutes, I'm not interested in hearing about how much you miss him.  And, oh, she wanted to talk about BD and his new girlfriend a whole bunch too. Granted, she had absolutely nothing good to say about them, but I've washed my hands of them.  I do not want to talk about them at all. Every time I tried to steer the conversation to another topic, she'd bring it right back. And she got annoyed that I couldn't walk for long periods of time, so she ended up pushing me in a wheelchair a majority of the time.  And she knows how I can't stand being the center of attention and I've talked to her about how I get anxiety just *thinking* about the baby showers (yes, I have to endure two of them because my family doesn't get along), but she'd parade me around to strangers anyway talking about how I was pregnant with her granddaughter.  At one point, I said "I'm not her daughter, her son knocked me up and ran off with his tail between his legs."  Which made things a little awkward for the stranger and BD's mom, but she kind of had that coming.  And she complained about EVERYTHING.  It's too hot, this museum is too cold, they don't have nice displays.  ***, shut up.  It's DC, they don't have a lot of space to work with.

I'm just so glad to be home. End of vent. :/

Hope all of you are doing good and trying to be as stress free as possible! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: worst vacation ever.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"