June 2012 Moms
Options

LO just ate a... GASP!

FLY! OMG I am soo grossed out!

She was playing with her toys in the living room and I heard her sucking on something like making smacking noises like she was snackin on something. So I lifted her up in the air like I was playing with her (the only way to get her to open her mouth for me) and I saw something black on her tongue. So I swiped my finger in there and.... I pulled out a freakin fly! Well most of it anyway. I immediately rinsed her mouth out with water, but I think the damage is already done.. She was acting like she wanted to nurse after that and I kind of hesitated hahahah because I didn't want fly guts on my boob. Oh well.. This is not going to be the last time she eats something weird.

What have you found your LO's munching on that they should not have been?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: LO just ate a... GASP!

• Options

Hahaha omg so gross!!! I would have freaked out too!!

Thankfully, I have not found Parker eating anything weird yet! 

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options
    Ugh gross!

So far, LO has had the rubber bit off a doorstop, the springy kind, and a guitar pick, the kind that goes on your thumb. Oh and a rock.

Obviously he hasn't eaten either one, but he's had them sneakily in his mouth and I haven't notice until he smiles or something. I swear I watch my kid! I don't know where he finds this stuff!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh I would have freaked out too!  The only thing she's eaten is old oatmeal.  I let her play with it and keep it in a plastic tub.  I vacuum after she's done playing but miss a few sometimes and she'll eat it.
  • Options
    N tries to eat paper all the time. He is getting really good at being a sneaky ninja in the grocery store, grabbing my list and coupons when I'm distracted. I have swiped more than one bit of soggy paper out of his mouth. Blech.

• Options
    OMG that is gross. DD eats everything! We went to the beach a few weeks ago and she tried to eat rocks, seaweed, sand. I can't even let her crawl on the enclosed back patio without her putting something in her mouth.  She is so used to me pulling something out of her mouth that when I say "give mommy what you have in your mouth" she will take it out and hand it to me or she will stick out her tounge so that I can get it out. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Omg lol I rolled on the floor laughing after reading this post.

I once found DS eating a piece if lettuce that must have fallen on the floor days before.
  • Options
    DD ate a few coupons I was saving up for my next shopping trip. Not the whole thing, but enough. She went through my purse to get them.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

DS tried to eat the bathtub plug last night.  Its huge but somehow he managed to get the whole thing in his mouth, it was hard to fish out!

He also sucks his boggers out of this nose with his tongue.  Its both very gross and very impressive.

• Options

Gross! 

Only one of my boys puts things in his mouth. So far I have found a piece of dog food, a giant leaf, a button and masking tape. I have no idea where he finds these things! I leave nothing on the floor yet he manages to find stuff.  I am so afraid he is going to choke on something!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 21C
  • Options
    eeeeeeeeeeeeek!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

This post made my day...it mademe crack up out loud DS was looking at me weird...ugh..sorry. That must've been so gross...

knock on wood...but DS hasn't eaten anything totally weird yet. 

• Options
    On a similar note, one time I caught one of my kindergarten students eating what looked like a fly. I freaked out. "Spit it out!" I shrieked, and he did...right in my eye! Thank God it was only a piece of black string.

• Options
    Urgh...dog hair!!!  Dis-gust-ing!  She'll actually rip it from the poor dogs tail and shove it in her mouth.  Luckily, or unluckily, the dog just lays there and let's her do it.  I'm constantly prying clumps of hair from her hands.  So gross.
  • Options

PHEW! I feel much better now hahaha thank you ladies for sharing! I feel like I am ALWAYS in LO's bidness and still she seems to find something to put in her mouth. BTW, she also tries to eat our dog's hair like a PP mentioned!

• Options

AHHAHAHAHAH!!!!! Thanks so much for the laugh! I can imagine the reaction to eating an insect.....I'm sure it is coming one day for us too.  

Let's see...so far DS hasn't eaten anything weird (at least not while he was with/in front of me), but he does put lots of things in his mouth. Dog toys, pinecones, rocks, dirt, dog food, paper of all kinds, leaves. Thankfully I'm a pretty laid back Mama so as long as it isn't going to hurt him I will let him explore. Now the minute he puts a spider in his mouth, or brings me one....NOPE!!! We're done!!

• Options
    lmao LO really wanted to catch an ant the other day! Im sure that he wanted to munch on it but he just isnt coordinated enough
  • Options
    DD ate a stink bug...  DH and I were like, what is that smell?  And she was kind of coughing.  DH fished it out... in two pieces.  UGH!  Disgusting

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• Options
    sam19sam19 member
    Yuck!!!! I hate the putting crap in the mouth. My daughter is a big fan of mulch and pine needles and grass and flowers and dirt and itty bitty teeny tiny crap that she finds in the carpet that not even my sweeper gets. She's also OBSESSED with the dog bowls and I think he's starting to get a little food aggression because of it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"