Success after IF

Talk to me about thyroid/TSH

So I had DH order me thyroid testing just to check it since I have had a harm to losing the baby weight (despite trying very hard), thyroid problems are common in fragile x permutation carriers (about 25% have issues) and my Mom had thyroid issues post-baby.  My results were faxed to DH's medical practice and he said they were all normal.  Here are my stats:

TSH: 0.848     [lab range says normal is 0.45-4.5]

T3:  125          [lab range says normal is 71-180]

T4:  1.06         [lab range says normal is 0.82-1.77]

Do these seem normal/good to you?  I know there is "normal" and then there is "good."  By way of example, my labwork page says up to a 12.5 FSH is in the normal range, but a 12.5 FSH on CD 3 is definitely not normal for a woman of my age. 

I also remember reading something about RE's prefer to see either below or above 2 on the TSH for TTC purposes, but now I cant remember if it was above or below 2. Anyone know?

Edit: Added lab range. 

IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:

Re: Talk to me about thyroid/TSH

• Your numbers are great.  It's the TSH that gets looked at most commonly and that is the number you want under 2 for ttc.  If it falls too low then you are actually hyper-thyroid which would cause you to lose weight, have a fast heartbeat, and

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Great to hear!  I know absolutely nothing about thyroid.  My DH said they were normal, but I just wanted to double-check with people who might be familiar with thyroid issues.

• Loading the player...
  • Your numbers look great - the TSH is right where it should be. Sometimes if someone is really close to a 4 and having all of the hypothyroid symptoms a doctor *might* consider treating it - but yours is below 1 and is really excellent.

How long a

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

5 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #1
    3 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #2
    Lost baby #2 at nearly 12 weeks (D&C on 9/19/14)
  • imagenycitygirl1:

Your numbers look great - the TSH is right where it should be. Sometimes if someone is really close to a 4 and ha

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"