May 2012 Moms
Options

Weaning from bottle

How are you doing this?

Are you doing it slowly by replacing one bottle each day with a sippy?

Fast by going cold turkey at a year?

Are you even using a sippy or just a cup?

My baby wants nothing to do with a sippy and I'm so frustrated. I know she's only 11 months, but I really want her off the bottle by a year.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image

Re: Weaning from bottle

• Options
    We've been replacing one bottle at a time with a sippy for a week now. We now are down to just 2 bottles a day instead of 4 (she nurses twice a day too, and I'm about to cut out one nursing session) We started introducing sippy cups around 6 months and ha
  • Options

I plan to just go cold turkey. DD really likes her sippy, so I just plan to send her larger one to daycare to replace her bottles at a year. She's been pretty easy going with quick switches we've pulled on her, so we're just gonna go with that. </

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Honestly most kids still need the comfort of sucking well past a year, which is why left to self wean most kids won't untill 2 or 3. It is a survival instinct since before formula and baby food bfing would need to be a key source of nutrition well past a
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    I started at 9 months which is what our pedi told us to do.  I just offered him a sippy cup with his meals, and as he gradually increased what he drank with meals, I decreased that amount in his separate bottles.  He's now been bottle free for a
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I started offering my son a sippy of water during the day at about 6 months to get him used to them.  Some days I'll add a little frozen fruit to the water to keep it cold and also give it flavor.  I usually only do this as a treat now though. &
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"