Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

3rd day of fever... teething???

LO got a 102 fever on Sunday evening. Since then he has been bouncing between 99 to 102. I just took his temp and he now is at 101. He seems a little crankier than usual and hasn't been eating his solids as well as normal. His nose is also runny. Other than that, he doesn't have any other symptoms... no cough, doesn't seem to be in pain... not sure what's up. Could it be teething? He's been drooling a lot more lately. 102 seems a little high though for a teething fever. I'm planning on taking him in to the Doctor tomorrow if this doesn't clear up.

Re: 3rd day of fever... teething???

• Options
    Sounds viral to me.  In general, teething fevers are a little lower.  I assume those are rectal temps?  If it is viral, sometimes associated fevers can last up to 5 days.  I'd just keep an eye on it and manage accordingly.&nb
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

yes- that's a rectal temp

I've been giving just ibuprofen... why do you switch between the two?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Definitely sounds like the poor guy doesn't feel well! Our LO had a runny nose and fever for a few days...the cough hit him about 3 or 4 days after the first sign of his runny nose. I took him to the pedi because I was worried he wasn't shaking it it had

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagebeck8008:

yes- that's a rectal temp

I've been giving just ibuprofen... why do you switch between the two?

</

• Options
    My little guy is sick right now :( his temp was up pretty high, 102.5 a little earlier. I went ahead as took him to see the doctor and she said he has a virus. I've been giving A every 4 hours as needed. I feel so bad, he feels like a little ball I fire.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My pedi told me that I can alternate between A & T, but can't give both at the same intervals.  Also, she told me this for my 3 year old, not the baby.  Before you give both meds, you should talk to your pedi. 

It doesn't so

• Options
    Could be roseola?  I think it's day 5 of random fever they break out in a rash, then get better.
  • Options
    It's most likely viral. My little ones had a few fevers this winter/spring, and they lasted about 4 days. Our pedi said that we should only get concerned if the fever did not go down with the aid of ibuprofen or acetominophen. Don't become alarmed if he g
  • Options
    Is lo sleeping ok at night? Maybe an ear infection?
  • Options
    Lurker here and on my phone. My DD just went through that exactly the way you described and it ended up being an ear infection. We're on day 5 of antibiotics and she is my normal happy baby again!
  • Options
    Sounds viral. Anything above 101 usually is not teething. I have been advised to alternate Motrin and Tylenol also but I would ask your Dr. We had something like that then rash after 4 days it was roseola. Hope he feels better soon. 

Hypothyroid/Fibroids/Stage 4 Endometriosis

10/2010 Open myomectomy to remove 3 fibroids largest @ 8 inches. Stage 4 endometriosis and inoperable/blocked left tube.

3/2011 Laporoscopy/Hysteroscopy. 3 endometrioma cysts, hydrosalpinx, left tube and half of the left ovary removed.

5/2011 IUI #1 medicated w/injections, 1 follie = BFP!

6/2011 Blighted Ovum/ D&C

9/2011 IUI #2 medicated w/injections, 2 follies = BFP!

• Options
    We literally just went (or are sort of still going) through this. LO had a fever of 101.9 last Wed.. The fever lasted through Friday and then all weekend his temp wavered anywhere from 97.5-100.4 (which the Dr told us is so low grade we shouldn't even tr

My Relationship Humor Blog: The Hubby Diaries
  • Options
    imageMayan2011:
    imagebeck8008:</
  • Options

I should give an update- LO is feeling much better now.  I think it was a virus.  He had about 3 days of the fever and then the cold symptoms arrived (cough, sore throat, drippy nose, etc)  after a few more days everything cleared u

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"