Health & Exercise
Options

Best pregnancy workouts??? pre and post baby...

I'm overweight and NEED to get into shape within 10 weeks of the birth for a (very important) wedding.

I, of course, am going to ensure that I am eating tons of healthy nutrients daily, but seriously, I want to know what women have done to take off the weight QUICKLY.

What suggestions on diet or workouts do you recommend?

Re: Best pregnancy workouts??? pre and post baby...

• Options

The 30 Day Shred is VERY popular on Health and Fitness board on the Nest. I have actually just started doing it myself! There are also HUNDREDS of rave reviews about it on Amazon. Its a workout video by Jillian from The Biggest Loser. The video is divided into 3 levels and you do each level for 10 consecutive days before you move onto the next. It is a strenuous combination of strength, cardio, and abs, but is less than 30 minutes. It is also important to change your diet and eat well. Many women on that board have seen noticable changes in their body within 2 weeks, and many of them may incorporate additional cardio throughout the week to assist. I think the main punch line of the workout is that you can lose 20 lbs in those 30 days. (you have to eat well too!!) The workout does kick you in the butt, and I honestly felt like I was going to die on the first day, but you feel so good afterwards! You can find the video at WalMart, Target, online, etc.

I have no idea if this would be recommended by your Doc during pregnancy though. But I think its fair game post-baby! HTH!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"