Parenting after 35
Options

Moms of solids eating infants

What has your LO eaten today?

DS2 has suddenly become a ravenous little piggy so we've gone from halfhearted purees at dinner and the occassional MumMum to three squares a day, pretty much, this week.

Today he had Cheerios and part of a banana for breakfast, barley cereal and apple sauce for lunch and I'll give him little pastas and peas for dinner.

Oink.

Re: Moms of solids eating infants

• Options

LO varies in his eating habits, but it may be due to our recent travels and subsequent illness. I make him fruit and veggie purees (now with spices added!), he eats cheerios and those little organic puffy things, and he gets cereal mixed with some fruit each morning. I've begun introducing meats (from packaged baby foods). He has been increasing his intake from a half a baby food serving at each meal to now just about a full serving every time he eats.

Tell me about the pastas! Is he eating whole noodles (elbows or shells, etc.)? Or are you pureeing that stuff too?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mwdmwd member
    My kids are way beyond transitioning to solids, by I just wanted to say, how did your LOs get so big! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagebenniferbaby:

LO varies in his eating habits, but it may be due to our recent travels and subsequent illness. I make him fruit and veggie purees (now with spices added!), he eats cheerios and those little organic puffy things, and he gets cereal mixed with some fruit each morning. I've begun introducing meats (from packaged baby foods). He has been increasing his intake from a half a baby food serving at each meal to now just about a full serving every time he eats.

Tell me about the pastas! Is he eating whole noodles (elbows or shells, etc.)? Or are you pureeing that stuff too?

Ha! It's not that exciting. Just plain pasta - I use Ditalini because the size works - and peas. I pureed peas at first but he's pretty good with his pincer grasp now so I don't anymore.

So yeah, peas and pea sized pasta.

• Options
    imagemwd:
    My kids are way beyond transitioning to solids, by I just wanted to say, how did your LOs get so big! 
    I know, right? Even responding to Benniferbaby just now that "I don't puree peas anymore" makes me kind of misty eyed.
  • Options
    jcathjcath member

Avocado's like banana can just be mushed up and you don't have to cook it. 

I know it's expensive but those pouches that they can just suck out of saved my life a time or two.  I still give them to the girls b/c it's the best way to get veggies in them. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagestever:

What has your LO eaten today?

DS2 has suddenly become a ravenous little piggy so we've gone from halfhearted purees at dinner and the occassional MumMum to three squares a day, pretty much, this week.

Today he had Cheerios and part of a banana for breakfast, barley cereal and apple sauce for lunch and I'll give him little pastas and peas for dinner.

Oink.

My kiddo is past the puree stage but on his 9 mo birthday he went straight to table foods with 2 snacks and 3 meals a day. He was a total oinker! From the 6- mo range he would get 3 puree meals a day until he worked himself up to Cheerios and mushed up pasta (but he still got 3 meals).

It is so bittersweet! DH and I were just talking within the last few weeks how the puree stage in retrospect felt like it only lasted a couple weeks because it just flew by so quickly.

image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    DD loves raw fruits and veggies like apple cut into little matchsticks and shredded carrots, which she grabs by the handful. Very little actually gets into her mouth but she loves it. I also give her baked chicken or turkey that I shred with a fork. Cooked green beans and carrots cut into pea size pieces too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"