Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Sleep Training...Please help! (long)

Ugh...ok so I have a little issue. My LO is 11 months old and we are having a little trouble sleep training her. I realize we are a little late in the game, but our personal parenting style has changed a bit. Initially we said we would never let her CIO...just didn't think we could do it. However, now that she is 11 months old and still getting up every night, we have changed our tune. She usually goes to be around 8pm. She almost always wakes up an hour later and one of us will go in and soothe her and she goes back to sleep in about 5 minutes. If we don't go in, then she just cries and cries so we find it easier to just go to her. Then she sleeps until about 2am. At 2am we give her a bottle and sometimes she will go back down until 7am. Other times, we do the lay down...wake up...pick up...sleep...lay down...wake up business. After one night of doing this for HOURS I decided we were going to try the CIO. She cried for about 15 minutes then fell asleep. It was great and I finally realized I could do it. The next time this happened, we did the same thing and she cried for about 15-20 minutes and then fell asleep. So last night I decided when she woke up at 2am, I would wait to go and give her a bottle and see if she would put herself back to sleep. After about 15 minutes she was still crying so I went in and gave her a bottle and laid her back down. She cried for one hour! It broke my heart :-(. She finally fell asleep, but gave little cries intermittently all night. I am in desperate need of assistance. Should I go in after a certain amount of time and soothe her or just let her cry until she falls asleep regardless of the length? Should I continue to do the 2 am bottle or try to wean that off? Any advice is greatly appreciated...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sleep Training...Please help! (long)

• Options
    Is your lo sick or teething?  Are they hot or cold?  IMO if your lo does sleep from 2am-7am sometimes and other times she cries, she knows how to sleep and she's trying to inform you she wants something or something is wrong those other nig
  • Options

imagecltk12:
    Is your lo sick or teething?  Are they hot or cold?  IMO if your lo does sleep from 2am-7am sometimes a
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If she's still drinking a whole bottle at 2 am, then she still needs it. have you tried an earlier bedtime?
  • Options
    Regarding night feeding, you should ask your pedi about this if you have not already. I was thinking night weaning for us but asked my pedi and he said to feed as much as LO wants at night still because he could still use the calories (he is tall but has
  • Options
    Have you tried giving cereal before bed?  Maybe that would stop the 2 AM feeding? My ds drinks an 8 oz bottle between 8-8:30, off to bed at 9:00 and will usually get up around 7:30.  I have been super lucky with my kids sleeping.  Thought m
    Stefani Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagekbruington:
    If you rule out teething, illness or true hunger then you need to pick one thing to do, CIO for example, and be <s
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options

imagekbruington:
    If you rule out teething, illness or true hunger then you need to pick one thing to do, CIO for example, and be <s
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    Thank you so much for the advice.  I am definitely going to try and be more consistent.  I don't see any active teething, but there could be something brewing underneath. She appears to be feeling ok.  She is on the smaller side, so I haven
  • Options
    I would just say that if she has been receiving the bottle then she probably IS hungry, whether it's because she's trained to be or because she really needs those calories.

If you want to wean the night feeding do it gradually not all at onc
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    How are you putting her to bed? Do you lay her down wide awake? 
    imageimage

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible"--Harry, When Harry Met Sally

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"