Austin Babies
Options

Austin Area Birthing Center

Hello,

Does anyone have experience with Austin ABC? I would love to hear some feedback.

Thanks!

Re: Austin Area Birthing Center

• Options
    My best friend had her baby there last November and loved it. We were planning on going there until we found out that we are pregnant with twins.
  • Options

Since I'm 9 weeks, my experience so far has been a pre-conception check up 6 months ago and a tour of the north facility last week.

So far, I love it. Everyone I've come in contact with has been super nice and helpful. Hopefully things will continue to go well and I can deliver there.

Hopefully others will chime in with their experience; I'm interested to hear, as well. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was going there through about ~16 weeks and decided to transfer back over to my regular OB/GYN. They specialize in low-risk, and while I was low-risk, I was having some medical issues (prolonged stomach virus, severe migraines, etc.) that they were not able to help with, and just advised I go to the ER when I was able to reach them. There is a doctor on staff the midwives have access to so they can occasionally write prescriptions if needed, but I didn't get any medical guidance, nor any guidance on what testing to do and when so I missed all first trimester testing. Also, one of the midwives had very strong emotions about sonograms/doppler and other issues that were surprising, and I found her difficult. They seem to rotate between a few midwives, and you will not know which one will attend your birth. I'm still hoping for as natural a birth as is possible, but with some more guidance and medical input when needed. 

• Options
    I've been thrilled with them. I transferred to the hospital with my first. It wasn't an emergency, I just wasn't progressing. My second was a one push water birth. I highly recommend them!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love AABC! This is our first baby (15 wks), but I've been going for all my well woman stuff for 5+ yrs. I'm so excited to deliver with this group of fantastic women surrounding me!
  • Options
    I'm 24 weeks and using AABC. I love them so far. I'm really excited about my future birthing experience. I anticipate a very peaceful and intimate experience with my husband and baby. I plan to have a water birth. Their birthing rooms are beautiful. AABC makes me feel confident that I can do a natural birth. The midwives seem very competent and the center is very close to traditional hospitals, if that were necessary.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"