Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

For those who make your own baby food

I make my son's food into puree and freeze into ice cube trays.  My question is what do you do if you know will be gone for a meal or two? Do you just put it frozen into a bowl and let it thaw on its own? Will it go bad if left un-refrigerated for hours? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: For those who make your own baby food

• Options
    If I know that we will be eating somewhat soon after we get there, I usually throw it in the microwave before we go and then serve whenever we get there.  If it's only an hour or so, I don't think it will matter that much.  3 or 4 hours, I would

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I just put a cube into a container and let it thaw along the way. If we're gone a really long time, I'd put it in a cooler pack then thaw it when we arrived.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I put cubes into a small rubbermaid container and then place that in a cooler bag with an ice pack. I thaw the food by running the containers under hot water. Sometimes I just bring cereal if we are going to be gone for a long time and I have no place to
  • Options

imagestgn01:
    If I know that we will be eating somewhat soon after we get there, I usually throw it in the microwave before we go an
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We are going to be gone for a few days, and I make my son's food, but for when I am out of the house I usually bring along one of the organic food packets I've bought from the store.  They are purees in a little squeeze packet and it's easy for on th
  • Options

I let it thaw on it's own.  We also have those mesh feeders and LO likes to eat semi-frozen food out of those.  So, that's what I'd bring if I knew I didn't have access to a microwave to melt it down.

• Options

imagelexmtown:
    We are going to be gone for a few days, and I make my son's food, but for when I am out of the house I usually bring
  • Options
    Thank you ladies! Very helpful!
  • Options
    I keep some organic store-bought baby food on-hand for those situations. And I make sure to always keep a package of it in the diaper bag, just in case.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagejussagirl02:

imagestgn01
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board