May 2013 Moms
Options

Last week DH brought me home flowers...

Last week, DH brought flowers home for me. 

Here's what he brought home for me tonight:  https://www.goodnites.com/our-products/goodnites-bedmats/productFocus.aspx?WT.mc_id=GNG&WT.srch=1

Is this so I don't have to get up 6 times to pee? 

Or for if my water breaks in bed?

And the serious question is:  when do I have to start putting this on the bed in case my water breaks? 

35 w 1 d today for those of you on mobile

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Last week DH brought me home flowers...

• Options
    Oh wow! Interesting gift. My water broke with DD at 39w4d... But it didn't wet the bed, it gushed out once I stood up to pee. So I never wet the bed.
  • Options

Ha ha! That's hilarious.

I never put anything on my prior to DS (or for this one either) but I actually used a similar product AFTER I came home from the hospital. Hold on to them, they'll be useful! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I put some puppy training pads on my bed today. I'm 34 weeks 3 days, I've been having tons of painful Braxton hicks that have me concerned about my mattress.
    My water broke with DD while I was in bed and I was very happy to have the mattress protec
  • Options
    Hmmmmm...  Good idea...!  I never went into labor with my first, so I never thought of this.  But I am having so much pressure and lightning crotch this time, I guess I should be prepared.  Love it!!
    TTC#2 5+ yrs Me: 44 yrs DH: 34 yrs DS born 8/2007 MC 11/2008 (natural) MC 5/2011 (IVF) MC 12/20011 (IVF) BFP 9/2012!! (DE) EDD 5/25/2013 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageBekW2009:
    Oh wow! Interesting gift. My water broke with DD at 39w4d... But it didn't wet the bed, it gushed out once I stood u
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My water did break in my bed with my daughter. I was asleep when it broke and I thought I had peed my pants. Thankfully I had put a pad down under the sheet that I had snagged from the hospital I work at. We had just gotten a brand new mattress a week bef
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Haha that is too funny.  

I actually had this cross my mind the other day. I had gotten a multiple pack of flat waterproof crib protectors so I just put one of those on our mattress. Didn't want to ruin the tempurpedic LOL I'd be so mad.&nbs

• Options

This is cute lol. I'd just lay them down if it doesn't it's not like you can't reuse it.

Btw: So you don't have to get up and pee,lmao. Win.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageKateRN08:
    Hahah this is awesome. I'm 37w3d and have nothing on my bed. I'm just going to risk it.

Me

Me: 32
    DH: 35
    DD #1: 6/1/2013
    EDD #2: 6/7/2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options
    This will be my fourth home birth, next week i will be putting a shower curtan under my sheet.  
  • Options
    Now that's what I call a proactive and useful gift. It's certainly got me thinking about when to start putting one in our bed. I think anytime after 37 weeks sounds reasonable.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Awww that is cute he is prepared.

When I asked DH about prepping something like this for the bed a few weeks back he just looked at me like I was nuts.  

He said "we need a new mattress anyways"....

so fingers crossed it breaks i

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I suppose I should do something like this too... Maybe just placing a towel under the fitted sheet? We have a memory foam bed and H would be really upset if it were ruined. Although I doubt he would be upset in the moment, just quiet about it later.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options

Sorry for the post and run last night...

DH got really worried after our Bradley instructor warned how AF can completely ruin a mattress. I agree, better safe than sorry, but it was still funny.  And I also agree that they w

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ha, I actually bought a mattress protector for our bed a couple weeks ago and put it on. (Figured it works for sweat, etc too). Since my husband is in the field a lot, we invested in a very NICE mattress. I don't want that thing getting ruined if I I can
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"