November 2012 Moms
Options

Tap Water?

Do you use tap water?

In my family we all drink tap water...I've been preparing formula with tap water since she was 2 months old, no problems at all....but I've heard people horrorized by this!! ...I'm in Virginia and in my County it's safe....I let the faucet run a little before serving...does anyone else use tap water? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tap Water?

• Options

I will drink from the tap at my house... MH doesn't though. He has a Brita pitcher in the fridge and he would always give me "the look" while pregnant...so I started drinking from the pitcher too. I still occasionally drink tap.

I don't FF, but I

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    This is my main water source at work because I don't want to walk across the building to the nearest drinking fountain. I think it's NBD but, to each their own.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

If you can drink it without an issue, baby should be fine with it.  We used bottled water until we got a new filter for the pur filter we use on the sink just cause hubby has issues with tap water :)

I grew up drinking it (and nothin

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have also read that many bottled water brands are not purified.....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I drink tap water, and grew up in a tap water family.  I don't FF, but if I did, I'd prep it with tap water after 8 weeks.

Tap water generally has stronger testing requirements than bottled water and is so much cheaper.

• Options
    I'm totally tapping it ;-)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We do not drink our tap water, it's pretty ugly looking. Lol 

I have a zero water filter and use that for drinking. When I FF LO1 we bought baby water.  

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I drink both tap and filter. DH only drinks filtered and we use filtered for H. We are in an old house and Mr ER know about what is in the pipes.

• Options
    I drink both tap and filter. DH only drinks filtered and we use filtered for H. We are in an old house and never know about what is in the pipes.

• Options
    I would except our rental has well water. Since we don't own it, I don't know what's in it. It turns our toilets and appliances funny colors so I'd rather not risk it. I use nursery water.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We don't use tap water only because in our area it's not the greatest.....DH does use filtered tap though. We have Alhambra deliver.
  • Options
    We have awesome tap water. But when we go out I bring bottled water to make bottles

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We use tap water and make L's bottles with that. If we're going out, I bring already filled bottles since you never know about the water.

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • Options

I don't drink it from the tap. 

We use the filtered system on the fridge door. I also keep a big bottle of fridge water at room temp for LO next to his formula. I fill it up once during the day and again before bed time. I have a bottle in t

Nov 2012 BMB January Siggy Challenge
    Those Presedential Fitness Tests Were Torture

• Options
    R doesn't drink formula, but she gets a tap water in her sippy when she eats solids. I usually use the build in fridge filter for taste (hard water) but I've made up her cereal with tap water.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"