Ohio Babies
Options

2nd Shift Infant Care

edited July 2021 in Ohio Babies

Hello! My husband and I just had our first baby in March, and will be looking for part-time childcare next month, in May. We had two childcare facilities lined up, but I just found out that there is a good possibility I will be moved to second shift at my work, which is 4pm- midnight. I'm trying to find a good childcare facility or a nanny who will accommodate these hours. I was hoping some Columbus moms could point me in the right direction, as I am kind of in a pinch to find childcare for next month. Any help is appreciated, including reliable websites to find a good nanny or other childcare options (craigslist scares me.)

Re: 2nd Shift Infant Care

• Options
    When I was in college, I was on sittercity.com for babysitting jobs.  I had good luck finding jobs so I would imagine you would have luck finding a care provider.  There was the option for background checks.  It was free for me to join as a care provider but I'm not sure how it works when you're seeking a care provider.
    Where there is love, there is life.-Ghandi
  • Options
    Thank you! I saw care.com and other nanny sites, but was wary to sign up for them for fear they would endlessly charge my credit card or some nonsense like that. It's good hearing from someone who had luck with that site and did not have any problems.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I also used care.com and found my sitter. I signed up for 2 months and then cancelled. It was very simple and hassle free! 

Good luck! 

• Options

Care.com is a good source! I used to be listed as a nanny on there and paid to have a background check done. I would definitely suggest checking for that while looking for a nanny/sitter :)

Good luck!!

JennaRosaliePhotography.com | Facebook.com/JennaRosaliePhotography
  • Options

Have you looked into nanny agencies in the Columbus area? We had a great experience with East Wind Nannies....They handled all pre screening, background checks, references checks etc, and they were there to answer any questions along the way. It was nice to have a person to talk to not be dealing with a computer the entire time.

Best of luck! 

• Options
    Par13Par13 member
    If you or your husband work at OSU, I believe they have second shift childcare services available.

DS: 9/18/12 - 40w5d // DD: 05/17/16 - 40w

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"