Dads & Dads-to-be

Desperately need a male perspective... (re:depression)

Okay, gents.  I am crashing your board and asking a question because I don't have any guy friends in real life I can ask.  My DH has been showing signs of depression.  I know he is unhappy about his current job and it is making him pretty miserable, but it is more than that.  I am seeing irritability, sadness, he's quicker to anger, and just overall starting to become a different, more negative person.  His latest go to is "It's just one more thing..." meaning everything is wrong/breaks/doesn't work/is bad/etc.  I don't know how to approach this with him because with his new way of being, he is very defensive.  Please help a struggling wife on how to communicate her worry to her husband because I'm not really sure what to do right now.  We have been together for over 17 years and normally can talk about anything.  I miss my husband.

(We have one son who is 14 months old...in case anyone wondered).

Thanks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FACEBOOK FEB 12 BUMPIES ADMIN - POST & PM ME TO JOIN 

Re: Desperately need a male perspective... (re:depression)

• First off, I've been lurking on these boards since my wife became pregnant and this particular post made me sign up so I could reply.

Secondly, this could be potentially serious.  I don't pretend to be any kind of mental health

• I've struggled with depression, and counseling is probably the best option. It sounds like he has work specific stress; if a change of jobs is feasible that might also be a strategy.

You can try to make the home life easier on him, but end of the

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for your responses!  My biggest challenge right now is getting him to acknowledge something is going on.  He claims he's fine.  He has tried counseling twice before for anxiety and the first one wasn't a great fit and the second w

• imageLuckyDad:

You can try to make the home life easier on him, but end of the day there's always goi

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"