Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

22 month separation anxiety??

My 22 month old daughter has recently been flipping out whenever I leave the room. She has never before showed any signs of separation anxiety. She screams when my husband tries to hold her, give her a bath, etc. She clings to my legs and wraps her arms around me and won't let go. She even does this when she wakes up in the morning and from naps. The strangest part is she will be like this for a few minutes, then go off and play, then randomly it will happen again out of nowhere. I'm hoping this is normal. We haven't had any major changes that would cause this, and I'm a SAHM so I'm with her most of the time. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar and how you handled it.
DD born 7/1/11 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: 22 month separation anxiety??

• Options

Yeah it's normal. Apparently separation anxiety can return about this time. Something about them being more aware of their surroundings and people coming and going.

My kid had it bad about 12 months and she has it twice has bad now. I just give

• Options
    My daughter is 20 months old and in the last week or two just started crying when I drop her off at daycare. Nothing's changed as far as her routine goes, so I definitely suspect separation anxiety.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's normal at this age and not uncommon for it to go in phases
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"