Phoenix Babies

Liven up this board

So, I will officially be moving to AZ in June! We need to get some active members on here! I need help with everything! 

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Liven up this board

• It's so dead on this board every time I come check it out lol welcome to Phoenix I love it here!
  • I agree. I check in occasionally because there is never anything new. Hope you love AZ as much as I do. 
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLaumb11:
    So, I will officially be moving to AZ in June! We need to get some active members on here! I need help with everything!nbsp;

Hi! You are on the December bmb, right? I am in Phoenix too!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Welcome! What part of the valley? We moved here from Chicago, and like it much more than we thought. Welcome!
  • imageadawn1981:
    imageLaumb11:
    So, I will officially be moving to AZ in June! We need to get some active members on here! I need help with everything!nbsp;
    Hi! You are on the December bmb, right? I am in Phoenix too!

Yes I am!! :) 

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageerinmconnellymartin:
    Welcome! What part of the valley? We moved here from Chicago, and like it much more than we thought. Welcome!

We are looking around Scottsdale and Kirkland commons, where my DH will be working. So scared I am going to miss walking everywhere and how easy transportation is here. (Chicago)

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm from chicago too. I have been here since 2004. How about you? What part of the Valley are you in?
  • Kirkland/Scottsdale are beautiful. It's so much different than Chicago. I live about 5 minutes from the Kirland area...Maybe 10 with bad traffic. I'm from Rolling Meadows/Schaumburg. I think you will like it here.

• That is exactly where we were for the last year and a half! It is a nice area, but we found a great deal on a house near Desert Ridge and recently moved. I missed walking everywhere, and didn't like the staring when I would just walk across the street to get my morning coffee. We have fully embraced the suburban driving culture, but frequent the amazing hiking trails! 
  • We lived right downtown off of Grand Avenue for eight years. Life is a lot easier here, but we miss the city. When I first saw downtown Phoenix I called it a glorified office park compared to the Chicago skyline. I found my groove though, a fresh pressed juice place, cute boutiques downtown and some great local cafes. Still hoping to make more friends though. That was the hardest part for me, leaving my friends.  

When are you ladies due? I am mid August.

Let us know if you need recommendations for an OB, etc!

Maybe we can all get together and watch a Bears game sometime. 

My husband is thrilled about the new Scottsdale Portillo's, right across the street from our hospital. 

• I did see Portillo's when we came to visit. I guess I will have to try it here before we leave. We have only been here a year so I haven't really made many friends here, a couple of acquaintances. We are in Lincoln Park right near Armitage. This is my 4th move in 4 years! I am becoming an expert. I will def try to walk places until it gets too hot.

I am due Dec 8th. I have my first ob appt thursday. 

I need recs for everything! But I dont know where exactly we will be living. It's funny I'm more worried about finding the right gym than ob!   

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love that area. There are a ton of great gyms here depending on where you end up. If you need a good local moving company use Camelback movers. Cheap and professional. They unloaded our giant cross country truck and it was cheaper and easier than a full service who just outsource unpacking to a random company. 

Congrats on your pregnancy! 

• Thank you :)

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm due in 3 weeks! who doesn't love Portillos? I finally went and tried the one here in Scottsdale. Baby D really wanted a hot dog lol. I'll be delivering at Shea too so my boyfriend or brother will most likely be bringing me food from there haha. A bears day sounds so fun!
  • i'm also due in december and also from chicago!!!! I moved out here almost 11 years ago. i feel like there are so many chi town transplants out here in az. be prepared the first summer is the worst, but once you learn the tricks and how to stay cool, you get used to the dry heat. This is my second pregnancy, but first pregnancy throughout the entire summer...should be interesting. Hope all you ladies are taking care of yourself and enjoying these last few days before it gets really hot. If there is a portillo's/bears meet up, let me know!! I need to cheer for my home team :)
  • My husband was so happy about Portillo's, I have to limit him to once a month. 

Laura is right, the summer is an adjustment. I hope we will get lcuky and it will at least be a few degrees cooler than usual this summer. Either way, I am glad we can enjoy comfort now instead of 95+ in APril like last year! 

I was told there is a good Chicago bar called Big guys near Tatum and Bell, though we haven't been yet. Or, West Addison in Scottsdale. 

Take care of your babies ladies! Is anyone taking classes at Shea? We start ours on May 30th. 

• I have a feeling we will be at Shea also. Ahh, I think I will be inside for a few months! But we did have some pretty hot days* here in Chicago last summer. We move down around the 1st, so I will have to get an OB asap. 

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've been to Big Guys. I didn't know it was a Chicago bar. I took classes at Shea, well I took the labor class and it was informative. I took a breast feeding class elsewhere and it was amazing. I think you will enjoy the class at Shea. 
  • We signed up for the intensive breathing class/signs of labor and are thinking about doing the baby care class; mostly for the benefit of my husband. We are taking a CPR class elsewhere so we can actually get certified. Where did you take your breastfeeding class?

Anyone have suggestions for a Maternity photographer too?  

• the breastfeeding class I took was in Chandler, I think it was totally worth it. https://modernmommyboutique.com/

The lady is so informative. As for photos...check out Katie 

https://www.facebook.com/cadwalladerphotography?fref=ts she just had a baby herself. 

When I talked to the people at SHC they said that the intensive breathing class is good for a second child, as a reminder. I took birth basics and breathing.  that goes into detail about epidurals, the whole delivery process, cesarian, and so on. Let me know how the intensive class is. 

• Maternity photographer to check out :

https://lulliloophotography.com/blog/

Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• bosoxybosoxy member
    Welcome to AZ!  I only come to this board about once a month.  It's dead.  Shea is a great hospital to deliver at BTW!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"