Postpartum Depression
Options

PPD still strong a year later

I have been on zolfot since my daughter was 4mths old so about 9mths ago.

Things were great but lately right after my daughters 1st birthday I have been more depressed. I think about how sad I am that I didn't enjoy the 1st few mths of her life.

Has anyone had an increase in depression a year later? Thanks

2004- DX with PCOS

6/2011- Gonal-F + Ganirelix + Oviderl and Crinone= BFP

7/7/2011 Beta #1 119 Beta #2 563 Beta#3 4178

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

http://tinypic.com/r/25z7709/8

Re: PPD still strong a year later

• Options

I don't know that I'd say mine got worse, but I definitely look back and am angry the I suffered from PPD.  I feel like you do -- that I didn't enjoy those precious first fleeting weeks and months of her life.  

But, in the end, I'm learning to understand that I didn't have control.  It isn't like you chose to have PPD and you wanted to not enjoy that time.  Be easy on yourself.  And know that there are so many great times ahead.  I know plenty of people who say, even without PPD, that they just didn't like the newborn phase.  There's nothing wrong with that.  It is a rough go of it.

I can tell you I now have newborn twins (suprise!) and went on medication immediately after their birth.  I'm doing much better this time around, in part, because I'm getting the help I need early.  But, in the end, I don't think I'll look back on the beginning and say I enjoyed it.   

Is that the only thing you are focusing on that is making the depression worse?   

• Options
    With #1 my PPD lasted about 4 years. I wasn't getting help for it and it kept escalating. I tried to push it down and forget about it. You're doing the right thing by seeking help. Good luck!
    Working, Breastfeeding, Unmedicated Birthing Mother of Two.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMrs.Paws:

I don't know that I'd say mine got worse, but I definitely look back and am angry the I suffered from PPD.  I feel like you do -- that I didn't enjoy those precious first fleeting weeks and months of her life.  

But, in the end, I'm learning to understand that I didn't have control.  It isn't like you chose to have PPD and you wanted to not enjoy that time.  Be easy on yourself.  And know that there are so many great times ahead.  I know plenty of people who say, even without PPD, that they just didn't like the newborn phase.  There's nothing wrong with that.  It is a rough go of it.

I can tell you I now have newborn twins (suprise!) and went on medication immediately after their birth.  I'm doing much better this time around, in part, because I'm getting the help I need early.  But, in the end, I don't think I'll look back on the beginning and say I enjoyed it.   

Is that the only thing you are focusing on that is making the depression worse?   

My dad got sick very quickly and died when my LO was 4 weeks old, so that added to the stress. When I started meds I just pushed everything away and felt great. I guess the issue is I never really worked though my issues

2004- DX with PCOS

6/2011- Gonal-F + Ganirelix + Oviderl and Crinone= BFP

7/7/2011 Beta #1 119 Beta #2 563 Beta#3 4178

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

http://tinypic.com/r/25z7709/8

• Options
    I'm actually kinda glad to hear a year + out others have been/are still dealing with PPD. DD is almost a year and a half and I'm still not back to where I was :/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"