VBAC

Where should I go for care?!

So I'm about a year out from TTC and already "shopping" for my VBAC dr. It is important for me to find someone that will be as VBAC friendly as possible so my chances are higher. I've done plenty of research, so I know the right questions to ask when my consult apt comes up later next month.
Well I had planned on going 30 min out of town to a midwife recommended by ICAN. To a practice that allows you to go to 42 weeks just like any other woman. The hospital has also been doing VBACs for a while now.
Well now my local hospital and my same office different dr is allowing and doing VBACs. I'm not concerned about the dr because she is new to my area and moved into the practice from a much larger and more advanced hospital that has done VBACs for years. She was even the main dr to fight to get them back! The hospital being new at them is what worries me.
I really would LOVE to stay home where I know many nurses, my mom works at the hospital and it is where I had great care last time, but the newness worries me. They did VBACs 10 years ago, but then banned them until now.
Would you automatically go somewhere that you feel is more experienced or give this dr a chance and ask the right questions? I mean I can go either way, but insurance will also fight me more out of state. I just want to avoid a RCS as much as I can!
PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

Re: Where should I go for care?!

• If it were me, I would go to the one closer to home.  It sounds like you would be very comfortable there.  I went to a hospital that hasn't been doing them long and had a wonderful experience.  The only thing I would check on would be what
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageacsago:
    If it were me, I would go to the one closer to home.  It sounds like you would be very comfortable there.  I
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• Loading the player...
  • You need to get a straight answer as to what the protocol with your local hospital is, if the new OB will be on call when you go into labor, etc. Honestly, I would go with the known quantity, even though it's far away.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"