Washington Babies

Intro...and help me out?

Hi! My name is Kelsey and I'm a liberally-minded Eastern WA transplant. I'm 27 and my daughter Lilly is 15 weeks old. I spend 90% of my time at home, and 10% at work. I want to meet other local mom's for play dates and coffee/kale/sweet tea (take your pick). ;)

I know that there are a lot of Facebook groups that have spawned from other bump boards, and I was wondering if there's a local facebook group in existence. If not, then how are you ladies connecting with other local moms?

It's so hard to make friends as an adult, and I don't have any friends, on this side of the state, that have kids.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers image

Re: Intro...and help me out?

• It's good to know too, that I live in Kirkland.
  • Welcome! It is really hard to meet people in this area in general and especially as a mom. There are lots of groups on Meetup.com for area moms that do outings. Also Coop preschools often have infant programs for moms and babies and Evergreen Hospital has great parent baby classes that you can attend even if you didn't birth there. Lake Washington Technical College and Bellevue CC both have coop programs. Also PEPS is a good way to meet people. Good luck finding your tribe.
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome!  I live in the south end, and baby's still a few months out.  PP had good advice!
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Yep check out meetup.com or your local community center. Libraries also have story time for different age groups, one for under 12 months, 1 year to 3, and so on.

Welcome! I'm south of Seattle and my son is a beast of a toddler.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Like others said...it's hard to make friendships out here (easy to meet lots of nice folks...just hard to cement things). Most of my good friends here, I met through common interests...co-rec soccer, church, Sounders, etc. I have yet to make any friends through the kids classes we do...everyone is too busy doing their daily schedules.  
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • PEPS (www.peps.org) really is the best way to find parents at the same stage as you if you have a baby and I know many families continue friendships with those parents for years.

There are also some great new mom drop-in groups that can be nice for meeting other new moms.   The 4th Trimester (www.thefourthtrimesterseattle.com), Early Days (www.facebook.com/EarlyDaysWS), First Weeks (www.birthandbeyond.com/first weeks.html), and PEPS/PSI (https://www.peps.org/programs/postpartum-support/adjusting-to-parenthood)

Here is a local mom facebook group, but I don't think meetups are very successful, everyone gets busy with their own lives and everyone seems to have kids of different ages. https://www.facebook.com/groups/257159997672802/ 

• There is a Secret Seattle Bumpies Facebook group.  There were a lot of mothers from this board that went to that group.  It is kinda complex on how to get in.  They limit the mothers in that group. 

I am part of the Queen Anne Moms Meetup.com group (they limit the mothers in that group too) and Urban Seattle Parents Meetup.com group.  And there is now a Twirl Cafe Playdate Social Club Meetup.com group. 

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Since your in Kirkland have you gone to the baby group classes at the Evergreen Hospital?   I miss those groups and it is so worth going! https://www.evergreenhealth.com/for_patients/medical_services/maternity_care/parent_baby_groups
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Thank you ladies. You were all super helpful. If anyone would like to meet up to get out of the house, let me know. I'm going stir crazy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"