Baby Showers
Options

Thank you note from baby or parent?

Should thank you notes be written from the baby or from the parents? A friend sent me a gift for the baby (clothes), not as part of a shower or party. I know LO can't thank anyone yet, but the gift was for her not for me.

Who should the note be from?

Re: Thank you note from baby or parent?

• Options

That's what I thought. But then, I felt weird thanking someone for a gift they gave someone else. kwim?

Thanks!

• Options
    Parent.

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Without question, parent. Your child can't read or write or TALK.  They clearly can't write a TY.

I will add, though, that DS can write his own name.  We did get a thank you recently from a friend where the overall note was clearly

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    imageEastCoastBride:

Without question, parent. Your child can't read or write or TALK.  They clearly can't write a TY.
    </p

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageEastCoastBride:
    Without question, parent. Your child can't read or write or TALK.nbsp; They clearly can't write a TY. I will add, t
  • Options

Parent.

Although I have to be honest. I'm 99% sure I wrote TYs from DS's perspective for a few gifts we got right after he was born. I am absolutely mortified about it now. I blame sleep deprivation!

One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Options
    Am I the only one who signs: DH, Me, & baby ?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes the gift will be used by the baby, but it is a gift for you.  It would be weird to write as if you were the baby.  I do sign cards from all of us though.
  • Options
    image-auntie-:

imagelisa5201:
  • Options
    Seriously? I would write the note from me. I would find it odd to have a note written as if a baby wrote it. 
  • Options
    I think it comes from the parent.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Definitely from the parents. The baby doesn't give a crap about any of this stuff. It won't care if it's stained, torn, been used by 300 other babies, or ugly. The gifts you receive are to make your life easier, therefore need to be from you.

• Options
    No, the gift was for you for your child. Write it from you. I hate thank you notes written as if they're from an unborn child, baby or toddler.
  • Options

imagelisa5201:
    Am I the only one who signs: DH, Me, & baby ?

No, but that's completely different than

• Options

Parent. 

But once the kiddo reaches "writing" age I like when they at least sign the card even if they don't write the whole thing. My dad actually has all of my sons "thank you" notes and its cute to see them go from just a wobbly H to his

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageKateMW:

imagelisa5201:</
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Usually I just signed it from me, but sometimes, after he was born, I'd say from "Punky and DS" 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"