Military Families

Temporary Housing at Quantico MCB

We are PCSing in June and will be waiting for base housing. We have been told that we will be waiting 1-2 months. I'm calling around to apartment complexes and can't find anywhere that does a month to month lease. Living at the temporary lodging(base hotel) is an option...but they don't take pets and we have a dog. I feel like I'm exhausting our options here and was wondering if anyone else has any ideas for me!

Thanks! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Temporary Housing at Quantico MCB

• We live in town, so the wait list wasn't an issue for us. With that said, I would call local real estate companies like Century 21. I would also google a list of hotels in the area, and call and ask what their weekly/monthly rates are. Many hotels in the
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You should be able to get an apartment temporarily, but you will have to sign a 6 month to a year lease. The base should give him papers once the housing is available, that should end your lease without consequence, much like an across state or over seas
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMissaj0312:
    You should be able to get an apartment temporarily, but you will have to sign a 6 month to a year lease. The base
  • imageLissa832:
    We live in town, so the wait list wasn't an issue for us. With that said, I would call local real estate companies l
  • My H is AF and the base housing where we live is privatized, and I saw you have a stop gap, but I thought I'd throw my experience in here. At our base, once you're on the list for housing you stay on it, and move up it until you take housing or take yours

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagecalindi:
    imagesmdetrick:</s
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We were able to live off base well under BAH, we rented at aquia terrace appts (210 white pine Cir). I really liked it because it was on 1, but we never hit traffice because we were south of the garrisonville rd intersection,. Oh it may help my H was in T
  • When I lived down in Mississippi, that's what we needed to do when our base housing was up. We moved in town for a few short months till out new base home was ready for move-in. Not sure if it was just an exception that was made then...

</p

• imagecalindi:
    imagesmdetrick:</s
  • imageSurreal&nik:
    We were able to live off base well under BAH, we rented at aquia terrace appts (210 white pine Cir). I really
  • imagedivinemsbee:
    My H is AF and the base housing where we live is privatized, and I saw you have a stop gap, but I thought I'd thr
  • Call the housing office to get referrals. They can give you a list of places that do sort term leases. The housing office CANNOT get you out of a lease. If you sign a lease for 3 months or less you stay on the wait list like normal, you have to take oc

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"