Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Hand foot and mouth disease

Have any of you experienced this with your toddler? My little guy doesn't go to daycare and we rarely are around other kids I don't understand where he is always picking up these crazy illnesses! But I guess it's better he is building his immune system now then in school.
Anyway how long did the rash last? We are in day two and it seems there is no stopping the spreading...luckily he doesn't have any in sores in his mouth, I've read that's the worst!

Re: Hand foot and mouth disease

• Options

It can last for up to 2-3 weeks in some cases.  Usually it gets better by 1 week though.

It is nothing dangerous.  Just make sure he is drinking fluids OK.  Sometimes for kids who get sores in the mouth we have to use

• Options
    Thanks! I wish there was something I could put on the rash to stop the spreading. I thought it was bad when he had roseola...that was nothing compared to this. I've used the magic mouthwash before, good to know I could get it for him if necessary, just ho
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    He got it because it's so ridiculously contagious that pretty much every kid gets it.  It's so contagious that my pedi said that they don't recommend keeping your child away from other children, even when your child has HFM, since every kid will get
    BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Options

I'm a SAHM but we are always out and about....my best guess as to where he got it is the communal licking toys at the library or a shopping cart or the gym or...oh, who knows??!?!...None of his little friends had it, though.

Ours was really gross

~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

• Options
    My son had HFM when he was about 10 months old.   The sores were in his mouth, too,  so he couldn't/wouldn't really eat.  It was awful- poor guy!   I would say that the worst of it lasted say 3-4 days (with the fever)&nb
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"