Babies: 6 - 9 Months

No Bottle to put Baby to Sleep. What is Bedtime Routine?

So, went to the pedi today - she suggested that we stop using the bottle to put our LO to sleep right before bed. 

She feels it can get your LO into a bad habit of using the bottle to fall asleep. 

So, does anyone have a bedtime routine where it doesn't include a bottle at the end of it?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: No Bottle to put Baby to Sleep. What is Bedtime Routine?

• I say do what's best for your family... Your pedi isn't sleeping in your house or taking care of your baby 24/7 like you do! My DS gets a bottle before bed every night.. It's comforting and he has a full tummy and sleeps well!
  • We still plan on feeding right before bed - but she wants him to be up and not falling asleep at the bottle. When do babies drop that last bottle before bed? 1 year? 
  • Loading the player...
  • the last bottle before bed was the last one DD1 stopped.  We cut all other bottles first.  

If you don't want your LO falling alseep at the bottle, maybe see about having the bottle earlier?   

• I nurse Lo right before bed, and he'll often fall asleep while  nursing, but I'll burp him before I lay him down, which usually wakes him up a bit. You can also try moving the bottle up in  the routine, I.e. doing bath, bottle, book bed, instead

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • We do last bottle an hour before bed, followed by solids (some times she wants them, some times she doesn't), then I change her diaper, give her a massage, put on her PJs, read her Good Night Moon, say our bed time prayers, put on her Magic Sleep Suit,

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can say that I got stuck with a child who still can't go to bed without milk, so I can see where your pedi is coming from. We stopped giving bottles after a year, but then switched to sippies, and she is still demanding them (with an hour long fit if

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Not sure when they drop it but I've been giving my son a bottle while rocking him to sleep since he was a newborn and he's been STTN 1112hours since he was 4 months so it hasn't been a problem with us. EVERY BABY IS DIFFERENT! GL : also he's capable of pu
  • I agree with the previous posters that every baby is different and you need to do whats best for your family...however the one option that I can see using myself down the road goes along with "weaning". Since your suppose to give bm or formula before s

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I read the book Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems (Ferber) and used the method there to do sleep training to break my LO from falling asleep to the bottle.  So here's our routine:  put him pjs, give him his bedtime bottle in the living room (whe
  • I breastfeed my DD (7 months) the last thing before bed.  If she is particularly tired, she falls asleep but then wakes up a bit when I sit her up to put her in her crib.  If she is not as tired, she will be completely awake when done feeding

• Lol exactly.... Teen mom is a tv show! Just because janelles son still drinks a bottle at his age doesn't mean everyone's kids will do the same! I do listen to our pedi but I don't DO everything she says to do.. Especially when it comes to giving my DS bo
  • My baby is 7 months old and her nightly routine is PJS, breastfeed (she normally falls asleep but not a deep sleep), I burp her and make sure she sits up for atleast 20 min.s before bed bc she has horrible reflux problems, go to her room and snuggle in th
  • We use the EASY schedule, eat, awake time, sleep, you time. So we never let LO associate eating with sleeping. I nurse her 30 minutes before bed, then we take a bath, read good night moon and I lay her in her crib awake and she falls asleep, usually while
  • Our evening routine includes a long bath (lots of time for playing), stories and she is usually asleep by the end of the book.  Sometimes it takes a few books and sometimes I will sing to her, but for the most part she is almost falling asleep in

• LO is 8.5 months old, We do a bottle before bed ( i feel it keeps him full longer) Sometimes hell take a bottle and be awake and go to sleep, other times hell fall asleep at the bottle...and still others hell take a bottle and then cry/wine to sleep (a

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"