Multiples
Options

Did babies stay in hospital room if you had a c-sec

If you had a c-section without any complications and no need for NICU, did the babies stay in your hospital room with you from day 1? My c-section is scheduled for 1:15PM so by the time I get out of recovery, I don't know if I'll be up to having the babies in the room with me, even if DH is there. I also don't know if it's typical to keep twins in the nursery for monitoring even if everything goes ok with delivery.

6 year old daughter

Fraternal boys born on May 11, 2013 at 36 weeks 4 days

Re: Did babies stay in hospital room if you had a c-sec

• Options
    Every hospital is different, and a lot depends on their policies. The hospital I delivered at had eliminated their nursery during a renovation and really encouraged rooming in, so the babies were with us 100% of the time (with the exception of one awful n
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I was totally out of it the first night from the spinal/surgery and a mess...I would not have been ok with having the girls with me during those first 12 hours (but not everyone has that experience - I barely trusted myself to hold them without dh's he

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    AB87AB87 member
    Mine were done with their newborn stuff in the nursery before I was out of recovery I had a really good spinal. They came back to see me in the recovery room and were with me after that all the time during the day, but I had other people with me so I wasn
  • Options
    One of mine was with us from the OR til discharge.  Two had a night in NICU but were then brought to my room too.  Even though I wasn't quite up for taking care of a baby(ies) after the c-section, my husband was there and the nurses constantly r

PAIFW/SAIFW

DS1 born July 2002 (previous marriage).

TTC since Oct 08. DH Dx w/testicular cancer March 09.
    MFI due to retrograde ejaculation/azoospermia.
    5/2 IVF #1 cancelled due to large follie.
    6/14 start Lupron for IVF #1.2. 6/22 start stims.
    7/4 ER and Biopsy.
    7/9 Transferred 2 (1-4BB and 1-3BB) embryos.  4 frosties.
    7/15 +HPT 6dp5dt. 7/18 Beta #1: 193. 7/20 Beta #2: 415.
    8/10 1st u/s - It's triplets!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Ours were with us with the exception of a few hours the first two nights when we sent them to the nursery (due to the fact that I was terrified I'd sleep through them crying or choking on spit up...yep, I was very paranoid!). The babies were only in th

Twins November 2012!

• Options
    My c-sec was emergency at noon and I was pretty out of it. They finally brought the babies to me around 4:00 pm and they stayed in the room with me until around 11 pm when I sent them to the nursery. They brought them back to me after the pediatrician saw
    Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • Options
    Mine spent the first night in our room, but then then next 2 nights in the nursery. They spent all day with us, so the rest at night was much needed! The nurses and my husband were a great help after my c-section, but nothing was better for recovery than
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 21C
  • Options
    I'm totally jealous of all of you that had the option of sending the babies to the nursery overnight :) That was my plan until my hospital was renovated and they removed the flipping nursery! I understand why they did it (you learn to understand the babie
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageWeAreSmalls:

If you had a c-section without any complications and no need for NICU, did the babies stay in your hospital room

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageMrsLee04:
    Mine could've, but I chose to let the nursery take them at night so I could rest.  Once you go home you're on y
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageMrsLee04:
    Mine could've, but I chose to let the nursery take them at night so I could rest.  Once you go home you're on y

imageimage

Olivia and Matilda, 09/10/201 - Graham, 10/01/2013

• Options
    Mine were with us during the day, but we sent them to the nursery at night. The nurses brought them in every 3 hours for feeding. They were also in the nursery for the carseat test.
    J - 9/6/09 L and A - 1/17/12
  • Options
    They handed them to me in recovery telling me to bottle feed them! I was puking and nauseous! Luckily my mom did one and my sister the other- they let a lot of people in recovery. They push them on you in the room. I was too sick to deal with it. Luckily
  • Options

After my c-section the babies never left my side unless I sent them to the nursery and for an hour for their carseat test.  I did send them for a couple hours each night so I could sleep soundly and rest.  Do not feel guilty if you choose to

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for all of your responses! It sounds like the use of nursery among twins is similar to singletons. I'll definitely check w/hospital to see what their policy is, but I am leaning toward sending babies to the nursery so DH can go home, sleep more com

6 year old daughter

Fraternal boys born on May 11, 2013 at 36 weeks 4 days

• Options
    I am in the process of changing hospitals.  Initially I thought I misunderstood them when they said they have no nursery.  I think that is completely ridiculous.  So, I will likely be recovering from a c-section since I am having twins and they want to leave 2 screaming newborns with me right away.  That's not happening.  
  • Options
    If your hospital doesn't have a nursery you may still be able to have them go to the nurses station. That's how the hospital was with my singletons. The nurses would gladly take them for a few hours. We're at a new hospital and I'm not sure how this one does things yet.
  • Options
    saskysasky member
    kiwi443 said:

Mine were with us during the day, but we sent them to the nursery at night. The nurses brought them in every 3 hours for feeding. They were also in the nursery for the carseat test.

This. Thank god for that nursery! I feel bad for people who don't have the option, especially with multiples.

Baby Boy #1 born 1/15/2010

Babies #2 & #3 arriving Spring 2014 (EDD June 18)

• Options
    Mine were in the room most of the time. They were supposed to stay all the time but the nurses took pity on my poor husband who was doing all the work and took them to the nursery overnight the first night.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our hospital "highly recommends" rooming in.... but I am thinking that getting a break at night would be nice. I plan to play it by ear and see how I feel.... but since we have a small boy at home that needs a parent I will more than likely be on my own at the hospital at night.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Baby B spent 23 hrs in NICU, but A was with me the whole time. Once Carter was released he was with me day and night. I wouldn't let them out of my sight. When they had baths and later their circs DH went with them. The nurses offered to take them to the nursery every once in a while but I wanted to be there if they wanted to nurse. Call your hospital and ask though. There are SO many nurses in and out that if you needed anything the odds are they were there.
    image    image    image    image

• Options
    My girls were in the nicu. However if they didn't need the nicu they would have been in the room the entire time. There is no nursery in my hospital.

Ella - 10/19/10
    Julia and Aubrey - 4/3/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"