Pre-School and Daycare
Options

RP- Sudden aggression in my 4.5 year old

I posted this on the SAHM board too, any advice welcome!

We're a timeout/talk it out/redirect family... DS has already went through the biting/hitting phase when he was much, much younger, and he knows it's wrong now, and a few months ago he wouldn't dare hit me or anyone else, now all the sudden he's hitting me, threatening to hit me and hitting himself. 
It's freaking me out.

Anyone experienced this?  

He's smart, and he does this when I take a toy away or he has to sit in timeout.  Sometimes if I can't fix a toy he's broken, etc. 

I honestly feel like I'm being abused by him daily- physically and verbally- "I hate you.  You're not my family anymore." Etc.  

I really don't know where this all came from.  Any advice welcome.  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: RP- Sudden aggression in my 4.5 year old

• Options
    Based on your picture do you have a newborn or young baby? Is he acting out because he knows he will get your attention fast and get a strong response from you?
  • Options
    jw87jw87 member
    imagejaniemski:
    Has he been taking any medications lately? My son gets aggressive and out of control and it seems to be related to foo
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jw87jw87 member
    imageEmilia0101:
    Based on your picture do you have a newborn or young baby? Is he acting out because he knows he will get your attenti
  • Options
    imagejw87:
    imageEmilia0101:</str
  • Options

DD doesn't do this too much (this week anyway) but she's gone through phases and I just walk away; especially from any kind of physically abusive behavior.  I don't even talk about it or engage at all, I just withdraw and leave the room.&nbsp

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageEmilia0101:
    imagejw87:</str
  • Options
    My almost 4.5 year old sometimes gets aggressive and angry and hits herself too.  She hasn't hit me in a few months but she used to.  It took a lot of talking through and timeouts to stop that.  She still tells me on a daily basis almost "m
  • Options
    My almost 4.5 year old sometimes gets aggressive and angry and hits herself too.  She hasn't hit me in a few months but she used to.  It took a lot of talking through and timeouts to stop that.  She still tells me on a daily basis
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"