VBAC
Options

Former OB called me today...

So I started with an OB.  She removed my Mirena, then I saw her for 3 pregnancy visits (until 8 weeks along).  She was okay with me attempting a VBAC, but really not excited about the fact that I'm on blood thinners and can't be induced, so we may not be able to predict when to stop the blood thinners.  I just didn't feel like she would support me enough in the long run and that when push came to shove, she might push for a c-section.  So I switched OBs.  I found one who's super VBAC friendly and also not scared of the blood thinner situation (it's really not the end of the world if I've given myself a blood thinner when I go into labor, just may mean no epidural or that I have to wait longer to get one).  She also won't "force" me to get an epidural right away like the first OB would.

Long story short, OB #1 called me today.  I didn't answer.  She left a very nice voicemail about how she knew I had left the practice and wanted to wish me the best.  All in all, I really liked her.  I think she's probably a fantastic OB and if I were going the RCS route, I wouldn't have switched.

Now I feel guilty.  I feel like I owe her an explanation.  But how do you say, it really wasn't you, but oh it kind of was?!  I've considered sending her a little note to let her know why I switched.  Or should I just leave it alone? Ugh, I hate feeling guilty, especially when I know this was the best decision for me and baby!

Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Former OB called me today...

• Options
    That's sweet of her. I don't think you owe her an explanation...you hired her for a job and you found someone else who would fulfill the job better. It's just business. Big Smile<
  • Options

You don't owe her anything of course but since you did like her and she sounds sweet & understanding, you could call her back or write her a letter to close the loop. Who knows, maybe you'll want to go back to her for other OBGYN care at some point

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the thoughts and advice ladies.  It really was a sweet gesture on her part, so I'll likely return the sentiment.
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

You made the right decision to switch.  Best chance at a VBAC requires a supportive provider.

As a doc myself, I would always appreciate a letter of explanation with the truth.  But not necessary, only if y

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"