New to The Bump

Hello Bump. :)

Hey everyone....  I'm new here.   
My husband and I have talked about kids in the past.  When we got married,  he wanted kids right away,  and I didnt want them at all.   We decided to get a couple of years under our belt and discuss it later....   
Well,  he ended up coming around closer to my way of thinking and has been saying he no longer wants kids for about the past 2-3 years....

I am on BCP, have been since I was 16.  So,  no worried.  Right?

Well,  last month we had a "scare".  I know no one else on here would probably consider it a scare. I missed my period and freaked out for the entire month...   He did too...  But we started actually talking about "what-ifs".  I already eat healthy and take vitamins,  so we decided to just wait and see if I missed my next one too...  Surely enough AF visited me right on schedule.  

Surprise:  My husband seemed a bit distraught when I came dancing in the room excited to not be pregnant....    

But if I am honest with myself I have been thinking about children a LOT lately.  My niece is almost 1,  and she has been an absolute joy.  My husbands family hasnt had any small children in almost 20 years,  so they are also constantly pressuring us  (however it is easy to tune out).

Now it seems we both want kids and are not really in a good place to have them.  I work full-time and go to school half-time.  My schedule has me out of the house from 9:00am - 10pm.  My husband just got laid off and has been being the best housewife EVER.  Cooks, cleans, and takes care of the animals....    We have no problems making our bills,  but I do not feel we are in a position to comfortably bring a child into the world, then again, is anybody?  However,  I am VERY tempted to drop the BCP and just see what happens....    
 I really dont know what I expect from replies,  I really think I just needed to get that off of my chest and out into the world.   Maybe I just need someone to knock some sense in to me.   I dont know.

Confused.

Re: Hello Bump. :)

• Wow, amazed you've both come to a similar way of thinking, and that you weren't on the same page when you got married.

Some questions to ask yourself (rhetorical, not meant for you to respond here, just to think about):

-Would you and your

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"