Baby Showers

Thank you note question

So my cousin is having a baby and I'm thinking of telling her to save her thank you note and stamp and not send me one. I'm just gonna trash it almost immediately (if I even read it at all). They are just so boring and generic. Thanks for the gift and attending, I can't wait to use it for baby, blah, blah, blah. It seems people send those for every event and I can't help but think about what a waste it is. Is it rude to tell her, and everyone else I know, not to send me one ever again?

Re: Thank you note question

• Please don't do this. Thank you notes are just part of etiquette, and people are already throwing etiquette down the drain as it is. Let these people thank you, even if you just throw their thank you note in the trash. 

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• I would be VERY offended if someone told me this. Just recycle the note or toss it in the trash if you have absolutely no desire to read it, but telling someone ahead of time that you have no desire to receive thanks from them is really harsh.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • A personal thank you is way better than a silly note. I'd rather them save their money. My town doesn't recycle so I can't do that
  • What if I just put return to sender. Do you think they'd get the point then? Or sender won't accept thank you notes.
  • Um it was a joke. Lighten up spaghetti sauce
  • Oh no, your back.....
    imageimage
    Anniversary

• If you said that to me I would tell you to pound sand and never talk to you again.

• Well yes, you can't really politely tell someone to not do the polite thing ever again. 

There are worse things in the universe than receiving a thank you note. I personally really like to see them in my mailbox.  

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imageheljo16:
    What if I just put return to sender. Do you think they'd get the point then? Or sender won't accept thank you notes.<

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagePrimRoseMama:

imageheljo16:<
    i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • Only if this is a reverse psychology ploy. Like she's never, ever sent thank you notes for anything before and people *** about it behind her back. "Oh, hey Jessica. I just wanted to let you know that you don't have to send me a thank you! So when you're
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"