Success after IF
Options

Low Beta

My beta at 11dp5dt was 92.  My nurse called and said they wanted to see it above 100 at this stage of the game, but to keep up my meds.

I went home on Friday and got a positive pregnancy test. I feel given that, and given the cramps I had last night, I am due for a slow drop on Wednesday. Infertility is not for the faint of heart. 

Re: Low Beta

• Options
    Was this your first beta? The doubling time is much more important than the actual value of your first beta. I wouldn't worry about your first beta being a 92. Especially since it is only 8 points away from this magic 100 that your nurse mentioned. You wi
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options
    First beta after a FET. Last time my betas didn't double (310 to 490), but I think we had a vanishing twin.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How many dpo does that work out to? It seems like a fine number to me for a first beta.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    No input, just want to say good luck

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

• Options
    If your first beta at 16dpo was 92 then I think you are fine! It is certainly not a number to worry about at this point! Sending tons of T&Ps that you have a nice rise on Wednesday! GL and keep us updated! :)
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options
    I'm normally a negative nelly when it comes to low betas, non-doubling betas, etc. but don't think allow for a lower number when you do a FET?  I think I've heard that betas are slower to get going with frozen transfers.  I'll be hoping for the

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options
    That really isn't low for 16 dpo, especially since FETs usually start out a little slower before taking off. Good luck with the next one! Hopefully a nice doubling rate will ease your mind.

• Options
    Thank you so much for your encouragement. It is really hard to stay positive and calm during this process. I thought the PIO was my least favorite part, but the time between transfer and the first ultrasound is so stressful.
  • Options
    DrRxDrRx member
    Good luck on your next beta. I hope that it doubles nicely for you.
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    My 10dp5dt was 38. I was SURE I was having a chemical pregnancy, but two days later it was 100! Hang in there! Like others said, it's the doubling that is most important!!!!

TTC since 10/07
    11 medicated cycles
    including...
    4 IUIs*5 IVFs*1 FET
    2 chemical pregnancies*missed m/c @8w 9/09*missed (twin) m/c @8w 5/10
    Laparoscopic myomectomy 8/10

Chromosomal translocation of #2 now requires ICSI and PGD

IVF #4= success!!! G-man born 8/18/11

IVF #5 2/2013 = N born 10/10/13 at 35w3d

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.